Using your Total Mobility AT HOP card for public transport
- When you receive your Total Mobility AT HOP card it will be loaded with an accessible concession that entitles you to discounted fares on public transport.
- We recommend registering your AT HOP card(s) to manage your account online.
- You will need to put money on the card (just like other AT HOP cards) or pay the accessible concession cash fare. Learn more about using and managing your (Total Mobility) AT HOP card.
- Tag on before you board your train or ferry and as you board your bus, then tag off when you finish your trip. Find out more about tagging on and off.
Reducing the cost of your travel
- Travel on public transport will be much cheaper than using the Total Mobility scheme.
- We encourage you to use public transport where possible for some of your journeys, for example, a person with low vision may be able to use public transport during the day but find it impossible at night.
If you also hold a SuperGold card
- You can travel for free on trains, selected bus and ferry services in Auckland after 9am weekdays and all day weekends and public holidays with the SuperGold concession loaded on a gold AT HOP card.
- You may hold one gold AT HOP card with a SuperGold concession, and one Total Mobility AT HOP card with the accessible concession (for travel before 9am weekdays).
- You must ensure you use the same card to tag on and off each trip. Not doing so may result in default fares being charged to both cards – these fares are non-refundable.
Using your Total Mobility AT HOP card for taxi travel
Booking a Total Mobility taxi (preferred method)
- Find an approved Total Mobility taxi operator.
- Contact the taxi operator directly.
- Tell them you will be using a Total Mobility AT HOP card.
- Let them know if you will be using a wheelchair and need a hoist van or other assistance.
Hailing a taxi
When hailing a taxi you must tell the driver you will be using a Total Mobility AT HOP card.
At peak times and outside normal business hours there may not be a taxi available, so we encourage you to book ahead.
When the taxi arrives
- If getting into the taxi is difficult, ask the driver for help.
- Before the trip starts, ask the driver to swipe your Total Mobility AT HOP card and give it back to you.
- At the end of the trip, ask the driver to swipe your Total Mobility AT HOP card again and give it back to you.
- Pay the driver your portion of the taxi fare. Please note, you cannot use HOP money on your Total Mobility AT HOP card to pay for the taxi fare.
- Do not leave your Total Mobility AT HOP card in the vehicle.