Auckland Transport (AT) has introduced an 18-month trial of a high quality, low cost, on-demand rideshare service in the lower Devonport peninsula area.
AT Local resumes Wednesday 20 May 2020
All 6 vehicles are in operation, 3 vans and 3 cars. On board, the 3 vans there will be a maximum capacity of 4 while the cars will have a maximum capacity of 2.
The vans will have stickers on seats showing where you can sit to maintain maximum physical distance between you and others on board. On the cars, we recommend sitting on opposite sides of the back seat.
We’ve also stepped up the cleaning of our vans - and you’ll find hand sanitizer provided on board.
One of our vans is equipped with a wheelchair access ramp and it will be prioritized for customers using wheelchairs.
Priority will be given to trips to and from the ferry terminals.
Aucklanders have embraced the chance to do their bit and reduce the spread of COVID-19. We ask that you continue to be understanding and patient. Thanks for your support.
- If there is a suspected, confirmed or probable case of COVID-19, a contact tracing process will occur to identify people who came into contact of the infected individual.
- Contact tracing is done by a Public Health Unit or by the National Close Contact Service.
- The app customer data may be shared with these public health organisations to assist in contact tracing.
This new service helps you easily get to and from the Devonport, Bayswater and Stanley Bay ferry terminals. You can also travel to any other locations in the rideshare zone.
Just download the AT Local app, quickly sign up and you can book trips immediately (for up to six passengers), or up to 30 days in advance. The app tells you when your ride will arrive and advises the driver of your destination.
Paying for your AT Local service is done via the app and is completely cashless. Trips to or from the three local ferry terminals are currently discounted to $2.50 per person and trips to or from all other locations in the rideshare zone cost $5.00 per person.
|Day||Operating Hours||Off-Peak Fares|
|Monday to Thursday||5:40am to 9:20pm||9:30am to 3pm, currently $2.50 per person|
|Friday||5:40am to 10pm||9:30am to 3pm, currently $2.50 per person|
|Saturday/Sunday/Public holidays||No service|
- A flexible on-demand service.
- Intuitive easy booking and payment.
- Accurate estimated arrival time.
- Encourages fast “turn-up-and-go” travel demand.
- All passengers comfortably seated, with luggage space available.
- Reasonable pricing compared to taxis.
- Reduced carbon footprint via use of electric vehicles.
- Reduced congestion with ridesharing.
- Safe - You must be at least 14 years to register for AT Local. If any passenger using AT Local is under 5 years old, a parent, or guardian who is over the age of 18, must accompany them.
Service availability zone
The service is available on the lower Devonport peninsula with the northern boundary comprising, Corrella Road, Seacliffe Avenue, Westwell Road and Lake Road to 183 Lake Road (west side) & 176 Lake Road (east side).
All three local ferry terminals at Devonport, Bayswater and Stanley Bay are Included in the rideshare zone.
Indicative boundaries of the Devonport On-demand rideshare service
- Customers can book a rideshare trip between any two locations within the service boundary.
- Customers choose their pick up and drop off locations. (Some trips may require a short walk to a designated pick up or drop off location).
- Priority is given to trips to/from the ferry terminals.
- There are a total of 6 vehicles:
- 3 x LDV EV80 minibus - 7 passengers (includes 1 accessible vehicle).
- 3 x Hyundai Ioniq - 4 passengers.
The service will cost:
- to/from ferry terminals: currently discounted to $2.50 per person.
- any other trips within the rideshare zone boundary: $5.00 per person.
- Every additional person riding with you from the same point to the same point is only $1 extra.
Customers pay for individual trips directly through the app using a credit or debit card (AT does not store this information).
1-Week Subscription for $20
- Ride anytime within the specified operating period, anywhere within the rideshare zone
- Includes 4 rides per day.
Customers can book for themselves or small groups, and they are able to setup regular trips (ie, Monday to Friday)
Setting up AT Local (Devonport area only)
Download the AT Local app
AT Local App is available in both Android and iOS versions. The App is optimised for:
- iOS 11 and above for iPhones.
- Android 5 and above for Android based phones.
However, AT Local should work on older versions of the phone operating systems, although some of the graphics might not display properly.
Logging into your AT Local account
Open the AT Local app and click on the login button.
Select the way you want to login (either using your existing MyAT account), or the new login created within the app.
Enter your user name and password, and click the Log in button.
First time you login, you'll be given the option to turn on efficiency mode to help preserve battery.
That's it, you are logged in, you can now start booking and managing your rides.
Book a ride using AT Local
Open the app and ensure you are logged in. Select the location you want to be picked up at using the built in GPS, drop a pin, or select address by typing it in to the address field.
Select the date and time you want to be picked up.
Select where you want to be dropped off.
The app will now connect to the service to find available rides.
Confirm all the details are correct. Hit the Pre-book this journey button.
You can check back in anytime to check the status of your booking, and make changes if you need to.
Cancel ride using AT Local
Select the AT Local menu settings by tapping the 3 blue horizontal bars at the top left of the screen.
Select Next journeys.
Select the journey you want to cancel using the calendar. Click on the Cancel Journey link underneath the journey details.
Confirm your selection by clicking Yes.
Journey should no longer appear under the Next journeys menu.
Update payment method using AT Local
Select the AT Local menu settings by tapping the 3 blue horizontal bars at the top left of the screen. Click the Payment selection.
You can either edit details of current payment method by selecting the one you want to edit, or you can add a new payment method by selecting Add a new payment method.
Enter the payment details exactly as the appear on your card. Click Save.
You can now select your preferred payment method from the Account details page, if you only have one method setup, that will be the default method