Mobility parking spaces are available across Auckland and within Auckland Transport's car park buildings. Mobility spaces are reserved for Mobility Parking Permit holders.
Parking concessions for mobility permit holders
Dedicated mobility parking spaces
Dedicated mobility parking spaces can only be used by vehicles displaying a mobility permit.
- These parks are free.
- These parks cannot be reserved.
- Mobility permit holders can only park for the time restriction displayed on parking signage for these spaces.
On-street parking time extension
Mobility permit holders can park for double the time indicated on on-street parking signage in the following time restrictions: P5, P10, P15, P30, P45, P60, P90 and P120. For example, in a P30 space, permit holders can park for 60 minutes.
On-street paid parking areas
In all on-street paid parking areas, mobility permit holders are given one additional hour of free parking on top of the time paid. For example, if your paid parking time expires at 2:15pm, you can stay in the parking space until 3:15pm before an infringement may be issued.
Please note: On-street paid parking areas are where payment can be made by pay by plate machine or AT Park app.
Auckland Transport car park buildings
If the building does not have a barrier arm at the entry and exit:
- The 'on-street' concession applies (as above).
If the building has a barrier arm at the entry and exit:
- There is no discount.
- This applies to these car park buildings, Civic, Victoria St, Downtown, Ronwood and Trading Place.
Using AT Park to pay for parking
We recommed at park ...
Pay by plate machines - can be ss
For major events at Spark Arena, additional mobility parking will be made available from 6pm-midnight.
Mobility spaces are available at these Auckland Transport car park buildings. Please note that they cannot be reserved.
- Civic car park building (vehicle height clearance 2.08m).
- Downtown car park building (vehicle height clearance 1.9m).
- Fanshawe Street car park building (vehicle height clearance 2.1m).
- Victoria Street car park building (vehicle height clearance 1.95m).
- Ronwood Avenue car park building (vehicle height clearance 2.1m).
- McCrae Way car park building (vehicle height clearance 2.3m).
Mobility parking permit
Mobility parking permits enable the permit holder to park in mobility parking spaces or to park longer than the stated time in some standard car parks and metered spaces.