“Account ID Information” means the username and password that you provide on registration for the use of AT Local.
“Account Application Form” means the aggregate of the data collection screens that you complete upon registration for the use of AT Local.
“AT” means Auckland Transport.
“AT Local” means the rideshare service provided by AT via the AT Local App.
“AT Local Account” means the your New Account or your existing MyAT account details you have registered with AT via the AT Local App, AT website or AT Local Customer Contact Centre for use of AT Local and all the associated transactions or other activity that is recorded using your Account ID Information.
“AT Local App” means the smartphone and tablet application provided by AT for the facilitation of the AT Local service. The AT Local App is available from Google Play and the Apple App Store.
“AT Local Customer Contact Centre” means the call centre service that has been established by AT to support AT Local and facilitate customer service in relation for the AT Local service.
“AT Local website” means the website that has been established to provide more information to the customers about AT Local at http://www.AT.govt.nz/atlocal
“Documentation” means any printed and electronic document or documentation (if any) provided to you in connection with AT Local by AT, including but not limited to these Terms, instructional and operational manuals covering the use of AT Local, any other quotations for the provision additional or optional components of AT Local or including licensing, support services or other services used in conjunction with AT Local.
“Estimated time of Arrival (ETA)” means the estimated time it will take for the vehicle to be at the pick-up location. . Customers can use the AT Local App to track the vehicle in real time.
“Intellectual Property Rights” means a proprietary or personal right arising from intellectual activity in the business, industrial, scientific or artistic fields. It includes a copyright, trademark, design, patent, semi-conductor or circuit layout rights, trade, trade and service mark rights, business or Company Names, trade secrets, confidential or other proprietary rights, or any rights to registration of such rights whether created before or after the date of these Terms and whether existing in New Zealand or otherwise.
“IVR” means Interactive Voice Response.
“Licence” means the license to use AT Local within these Terms.
“Method of Payment” means the valid and current credit card details or debit card details that you associate with your AT Local Account for the purposes of paying for AT Local.
“Payment Terms” means those terms as detailed by clause 6) of these Terms.
“Restrictions of Use” means those terms as detailed by clause 3)b) of these Terms.
“Ride” means a trip using the AT Local.
“Ride Fare” means a fee associated with a Ride. Fees are published and updated on the AT website from time to time.
“Ride Proposal” means a proposed trip including details such as pick up location, drop off location, schedule time and date for schedule Ride, ETA for on demand Ride, number of seats, Ride Fare and Method of Payment that is presented to you for your reservation confirmation.
“Security Terms” means those terms as detailed by clause 5) of these Terms.
“SMS” means the Secure Message Service used by telecommunication operators that permits text or other messages to be communicated to any mobile phone service.
- AT Local is an on-demand rideshare service. Customers use the AT Local App to request, manage and pay for the Ride. AT Local is an on-demand rideshare service intended to help commuters travel between any two points within a specified service zone by specifying a pick up location and a drop-off location.
AT Local is currently being offered as trial in Devonport only, and as such, is limited in its capacity, geographic region, and hours of operation. The geographic region and hours of operation were selected based on the evaluation of cost and benefit during the market research phase and our anticipation of demand for the service. The service may be terminated or be expanded to a broader geographic area and/or additional hours of operation in the future, based on the results of the trial. Should you have any recommendations for additional times and/or areas of service, please contact us at Rideshare@at.govt.nz.
- AT owns the AT Local brand, AT Local logo and has a license to operate the AT Local technology.
- License Rights. AT grants to you and you accept, a non-transferable and non-exclusive right to use, without the right to sub-licence, AT Local and the AT Local App subject to the following terms:
- You are only licensed to use AT Local and the AT Local App, and acknowledge that there has been no title in the product passed on to you by AT;
- You have registered to use AT Local and maintain a current AT Local Account with AT;
- You acknowledge that AT has full right to alter the AT Local and AT Local App features or functionality from time to time as it deems appropriate and will publish appropriate release information on the Google Play and App store in relation to such modifications; and
- You acknowledge and agree your right to use AT Local and the AT Local App may be revoked by termination of this agreement as specified by clause 14.
- You are required to register a new account (“New Account”) or use your existing MyAT account for use of AT Local via the AT Local App.
- If registering a New Account for the use of AT Local:
- You are required to provide the information requested by the Account Application Form including:
- your contact details (including your full name, your email and phone number);
- a username and password to be associated with your New Account (the “Account ID Information”);
- the details of your method of payment;
- any further account information which may be required to protect the security of your New Account.
- You are required to provide the information requested by the Account Application Form including:
- your MyAT credential (your email and password);
- your contact details (phone number);
- the details of your method of payment;
5. Security terms
- You are not permitted to disclose your Account ID Information to any third party and in doing so (to the fullest extent permitted by law), you relieve AT of any liability it may or may not have to you in respect of any breach of misuse of your confidential information through the use of your Account ID Information by any third party (including any liability for any activity on your AT Local Account).
- You acknowledge that the applicable ride fees will be automatically deducted from your nominated credit card by any party who initiates and completes a ride via the AT Local App with your AT Local Account.
- You accept full responsibility for maintaining the accuracy of your information that is associated with your AT Local Account at any particular time - modifying, deleting, or adding such information as you determine to prevent any account inactivity.
- You agree to notify AT immediately of any unauthorised use of your Account ID Information immediately upon becoming aware of such use.
6. Payment terms
- Method of Payment
- You will provide a valid credit card or debit card to be associated with your AT Local Account at all times as the “Method of Payment” for your AT Local Account at any time.
- You warrant that the Method of Payment information that you provide will at all times be correct, valid, and current information that you are authorised to provide.
- You agree to update your Method of Payment details via the AT Local App, AT Local website, or AT Local Customer Contact Centre should your credit card or debit card be cancelled, suspended, expire or its details otherwise change.
- Failure to maintain your Method of Payment details accurately via the AT Local App may result in AT suspending your account.
- As the AT Local is currently offered as a trial, credit cards and debit cards are the only accepted Method of Payment. AT Local does not accept cash payment or payment through the deduction of AT HOP balance.
- For any ride booking that is initiated with your AT Local Account, you authorise AT to automatically deduct the ride fare using the Method of Payment that you have associated with your AT Local Account once your ride is complete.
- In the event that an automated payment that AT is authorised to make with your nominated Method of Payment, is declined by your payment card provider:
- you will be notified and your AT Local Account will be suspended immediately. In such event, your AT Local Account will not be able to be used for the payment of ride trip until your credit card or debit card balance is sufficient to pay the outstanding amount.
- you authorise AT to attempt to recover the outstanding amount. If you do not pay the amount owing on your AT Local Account, after ninety days has passed since the date of the failed transaction, AT will permanently disable your AT Local Account and send the outstanding amount to a third party debt collection agency and you will be liable for lodgement fees and collection commission. This may also affect your credit rating.
7. Your AT Local account
- AT may, in its absolute discretion, suspend your AT Local Account if you breach any of these Terms. In the event that we suspend your AT Local Account:
- the suspension will remain in force for such period as AT may direct; and
- AT may require the payment of a reasonable administration fee and impose such other terms as AT deems necessary or desirable as a condition of reactivation of a suspended AT Local Account.
- When your AT Local Account has been inactive for a continuous period of no less than 24 months AT may, at its discretion, deem the AT Local Account to be inactive.
- At that point, AT will make an attempt to contact you via email or other means as it may deem appropriate.
- If AT is unable to contact you, after a further period of no less than 3 months, your AT Local Account may be closed and disabled. In such event, your AT Local Account will not be able to be used for the payment of Ride fees.
- maintaining the confidentiality of your Account ID Information;
- maintaining the validity of your Method of Payment; and
- ensuring that you follow the instructions for the correct and proper use of the AT Local App, AT website or other use the AT Local service that are published or otherwise notified by AT from time to time.
8. Transaction details
All transaction details and other details recorded as a result of you using your AT Local Account will be recorded and retained by AT and/or its suppliers.
The Ride Fees, charges and other amounts payable to AT under these Terms are stated and payable in New Zealand dollars inclusive of GST, if any. A payment receipt will be provided to you through your AT Local App. If you need to make an expense claim or GST claim, please use a printout from your AT Local Account as a basis for your claim.
10. Request a ride
- AT Local allows you to request a Ride on demand or schedule a Ride in the future. Once you request or schedule a Ride, a Ride Proposal will be presented to you. You need to accept the Ride Proposal in order to confirm your reservation (“Ride reservation”).
- You are solely responsible for ensuring the number of passengers (“your passengers”), pick up time, pick up and drop off locations in your Ride request are correct and accurate. If you do not indicate the correct number of passengers at time of booking, we reserve the right to refuse to carry to any additional passengers. If you arrive at the pick up location with fewer passengers than confirmed in your Ride reservation, you will be charged the full amount for original reserved number of passengers.
- You are responsible for the conduct of your passengers.
- You must make sure you and your passengers are at the pick-up location at least 2 minutes prior to departure. If we require you to walk to the pick-up location, it will be clearly indicated in the AT Local App. If there is more than one passenger travelling, please make sure that your group has a responsible person to organise your group.
- We may substitute an alternative vehicle if deemed necessary at our discretion.
- We will endeavour to meet the requested pick up times. If circumstances beyond our control arise, we cannot be held liable should any delays result.
- We don’t allow any itinerary changes.
11. Fare and fees
- Once you complete your Ride, AT will deduct the Ride Fare automatically from your Method of Payment associated with the AT Local Account.
- Cancellation policy
- You will not be charged any cancellation fee for the first Ride reservation cancellation.
- From the second cancellation onward, if you cancel a Ride reservation 90 seconds after accepting the Ride Proposal, AT will charge you a cancellation fee of $2.
- AT will waive the cancellation fee if the vehicle arrives more than 5 minutes later than the ETA in the Ride Proposal.
- If you repeatedly cancel the Rides, AT reserves the right to suspend your AT Local Account on 48 hours’ notice.
- A “no-show” is if you and your passengers are not present at the pick-up location and time designated in your Ride reservation. You will not be charged a cancellation fee for the first no-show.
- From the second no-show onward, AT will charge you a cancellation fee of $2.
- If you are not at the pick-up location due to vehicle arrival delay, AT will waive the cancellation fee if the vehicle arrives more than 5 minutes later than the ETA in the Ride Proposal.
- If you repeatedly no-show, AT reserves the right to suspend your AT Local Account on 48 hours’ notice.
Any damage incurred beyond normal wear and tear will be charged to the hirer. Any additional cleaning required to the vehicle beyond normal use will incur a minimum $100.00 cleaning fee. If a biological incident occurs on board, the driver has a specific kit for cleaning and disposing of this waste. An additional $100.00 fee will apply for the cleaning of this type of spill.
AT, acting reasonably, reserves the right to refuse a refund for any Ride Fare and fees described in these Terms deducted from your Method of Payment.
13. Eligibility and conditions of carriage
You must be 14 years old to register to use AT Local.
If any of your passengers are under 14 years old, a parent or guardian who is over the age of 18 must accompany them.
- Refusal to carry
The driver of the Ride vehicle shall have the right to refuse to carry any person, or to seek to remove them from the vehicle if:
- The person is intoxicated, drugged, dirty, or behaving in a manner which is dangerous or offensive to other passengers or the driver, or who refuses to obey a reasonable request made by a driver under these circumstances.
- The person is accompanied by an animal (other than a Guide, or other assistance dog)
- The person possesses and/or consumes alcohol/drugs on board any Ride vehicles.
- The person is carrying a weapon or any noxious or illegal substance such as fuel containers and/or gas cylinders, explosives, corrosive or similar items on board any Ride vehicles.
You are responsible to provide and install the child car seat securely before the start of the Ride and remove it at the end of the Ride.
As the AT Local is currently offered as a trial, one vehicle in the service trial fleet will be accessible to mobility-impaired customers. AT does not guarantee the availability of the accessible vehicle at your time of Ride request but it will depend on the demand and is provided on a first-come-first-served basis.
- This agreement between yourself and AT in respect of the use of AT Local may be terminated by AT immediately upon:
- Any misuse by you of the AT Local App, or the AT Local service in any way;
- Any misuse of your AT Local Account by yourself or any third party including any fraudulent activity; or
- Any breach by you of any of these Terms;
- If after 90 days of your AT Local Account being suspended under clause 7(a), a valid Method of Payment has not been provided by you; or
- You become bankrupt or are otherwise unable to pay your debts in full as they fall due; or
- If AT’s license to operate the AT Local technology is terminated or AT otherwise determines it will cease to provide AT Local.
16. Notification services
AT may communicate with you by telephone call, email, text message or posting a notice on the AT Local App.
You agree to receive emails from us at the email address you provided to us for purposes related to provision of AT Local.
- In-App Notices.
We may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the service. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the AT Local App or sending an email to you.
- SMS Text Messages.
- You agree that SMS notification may be sent to the phone number you provide when (i) when you register with the Service, (ii) when you make a Reservation, (iii) when your Ride vehicle is approaching the designated pick-up location, (iv) when your Ride vehicle is at the designated pick-up location, and (v) when you reset your password with the Service.
- AT will not charge you for the SMS notification services but your telecommunications provider may charge you for transmission of, or receipt of, SMS services.
- You acknowledge that SMS messages are not always guaranteed to be delivered and that AT cannot be held responsible for their successful delivery unless it is shown that the SMS failed to be delivered due to a fault with the AT Local App, or the AT Local website. (SMS messaging is a “store and forward” technology that depends on various cellular carriers and their networks. As such, individual messages are not guaranteed to arrive at their destinations and can also be delayed).
- You indemnify AT against all actions, proceedings, claims, liabilities, penalties, costs (including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis), awards, damages, losses and expenses arising directly or indirectly as a result of:
- You altering, interfering with or tampering with the AT Local App, your AT Local Account or your Method of Payment (or allowing a third party to do so);
- Your failure to comply with any of these Terms;
- The breach of these Terms by anyone using your AT Local Account with valid Account ID Information or valid Vehicle ID Information; or
- Your negligent or wilful acts or omissions.
18. AT Local customer service
- You may contact AT in respect of any aspect of AT Local:
- By feedback in AT Local app
- By email to Rideshare@at.govt.nz
- By phone – 09 528 7275 (7am to 10pm, 7 days)
- Online – Contact us
- By mail – Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142
20. Limited warranty, liability and disclaimer
- AT makes no representation to you about the availability of AT Local or the AT Local App. If AT Local is not available, you are advised to seek transport alternatives.
- There may be scheduled maintenance of AT Local App from time to time, which will be notified on the App in advance.
- Warranties and Representations. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all warranties, representations, and guarantees (whether, express, implied, or statutory), with respect to AT Local. the AT Local App and the Method of Payment and your use of (or inability to use) such items, (including, without limitation, warranties of availability, accuracy, non-infringement, title, completeness, timeliness, currency, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose).
- In particular, AT does NOT warrant that:
- The AT Local App is error free;
- Use of AT Local App will be uninterrupted or will not result in loss of data;
- The AT Local App will function correctly on your particular equipment (personal computer, smartphone or otherwise).
- A Ride will start at the ETA or be completed within a particular journey time.
- the issue, use of, inability to use, or reliance upon, AT Local, the AT Local App and an AT Local Account;
- any fees payable using AT Local including, without limitation, any AT Local Ride Fares;
- an AT Local Account being suspended or cancelled for any reason;
- any period where any equipment, software, or system is unavailable for processing AT Local Account transactions; or
- AT Local, Method of Payment, or AT Local App in any other way, even if we have been expressly advised of the possibility of such damages.
- any Ride delays.
21. Accompanied items and lost property
- Accompanied items
- Large items, such as bicycles may not be carried.
- Prams, pushchairs, baby carriages, and similar items may be carried on a vehicle at any time without charge, provided that there is room available and the safety or comfort of other passengers is not affected. These devices must either be capable of being manoeuvred or able to be carried by you and/or your support person. The driver may assist but is not obliged to lift / manoeuvre wheelchairs, prams or other heavy items. You are responsible to inform the driver through the AT Local App if you carry prams or many luggages so we can arrange for suitable vehicles
- Battery powered mobility scooters may be carried by mobility-impaired customers on a vehicle if they are no longer than 1350mm, no wider than 650mm, do not have a fully laden weight of more than 200kg and are capable of turning easily from the door of the carriage into a designated parking area within the vehicle.
- Personal motorised mobility devices, such as Segways, are not permitted on the accessible vehicle.
- Guide (and other assistance) dogs may be carried free of charge at all times on the accessible vehicle. No pets or other animals (other than Guide or other assistance Dogs) may be carried on the vehicles.
- Customers may take hand luggage and small articles on vehicles without charge. Any article which is offensive or which may in the opinion of the driver cause danger, discomfort or inconvenience to other passengers is not permitted. The driver will not accept property for carriage on a vehicle unless a customer accompanies it.
- The driver will give reasonable assistance to customers who require it. However, they are not expected to lift any item heavier than 15kg, (i.e. the size of a small suitcase), or which is bulky or difficult to lift, or which presents a risk of injury to the driver.
- You must inform the driver through the AT Local App if you carry large items, prams, pushchairs, baby carriages, shopping jeeps, battery powered mobility scooters, non-motorised golf buggies and similar items or many luggage so we can arrange for suitable vehicles.
All personal items (including luggage, sports gear, computers and bicycles) are stored and carried entirely at your own risk. You are solely responsible for their items and the contents thereof. Items left in our vehicles whose owner cannot be identified and contacted will be removed from the vehicle and will be stored at the operator’s depot. Items will be available for collection during office hours. Please contact our customer service to confirm office hours for collection and the operator’s depot location. If not claimed within three months items will become the property of AT. We will remove and securely destroy personal data from the item and will then either donate any items to charity or recycle, dispose of or sell items. AT is not responsible for any items transported by the passenger under his/her own care. We are also not responsible for loss or damage to money, securities or valuable items. If you find an item that somebody has left on the vehicle, please hand it to the driver as you leave the vehicle. However, if you believe an abandoned item is suspicious, please do not touch the item and alert the driver immediately.
- Assignment of Agreement
- You shall not assign or otherwise transfer your rights under these Terms. Any attempt to make such an assignment without AT’s consent shall be void and result in immediate termination of this Agreement without notice.
- AT is entitled to assign or otherwise transfer its rights and obligations hereunder at its own absolute discretion.
- flood, lightning, acts of God, fire, earthquakes, and other natural disasters;
- judgments, legislations, acts, orders, regulations, bylaws or other measures of any kind on the part of any court, governmental, parliamentary, or regulatory authority;
- failure of any electricity or telecommunications service (including the Internet);
- failure of any equipment, software, computer hardware, or system required for the operation of the
- System where the maintenance and repair of that item is the responsibility of a third party;
- the acts or omissions of any party for whom AT is not responsible.
- Sent by email to the email address provided by you on your AT Local Account;
- Sent by an SMS message to the mobile number you notified on your AT Local Account; or
- Given to you by any other way which the law permits
- Sent to: Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142
- Sent via our website feedback form
In and for the purposes of interpretation of these Terms, unless inconsistent with the sub-context or subject matter:
- Reference to time unless otherwise specified shall be reference to New Zealand Standard Time (NZT).
- Reference to monetary amounts shall be reference to such amounts expressed in New Zealand Dollars (NZD).
- The headings in these Terms are for the purpose of more convenient reference only and shall not form part of this Agreement or affect its construction or interpretation.
- Except as otherwise expressed or provided, where under or pursuant to these Terms or anything done hereunder the day on or by which any act, matter or thing needs to be done falls on a day other than a business day, such act, matter or thing shall be done on the immediately succeeding business day.
- The obligations and liabilities imposed and the rights and benefits conferred on the parties in these Terms will be binding upon and in favour of the respective parties and each of their respective successors in title, legal personal representatives and permitted assigns.
24. Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the AT Local App or these Terms, please Contact us.