It’s time to sit back, relax and let us take the wheel. Here are 10 reasons why we think you should give travelling on buses, trains and ferries a go:
- We make frequency our priority: we want to help you get from A to B fast, that’s why we offer more buses, trains and ferries, especially during peak travel times in the morning and afternoon. We also provide dedicated bus lanes in many areas, which often make bus trips that bit faster than travelling by car.
- You get to travel on a connected network: wherever you are in Auckland, we make sure you have the bus, train and ferry connections you need right at your doorstep. We have made it more affordable than ever to travel around Auckland too, with our integrated fares system you pay just one fare for your entire journey. T’s and c’s apply. Find out more about our integrated fares here.
- We make it cheaper for you to get around: did you know we offer five different types of concessions as well as a 10% discount when you travel off-peak (Before 6 am, between 9 am to 3 pm, and after 6.30 pm until the end of service on weekdays, and all day on weekends and public holidays)? Check out Card concessions & discount fares to see if you qualify for a concession.
- It’s a sustainable option: Avoid the daily traffic, parking hassles and petrol costs and join us on our mission to make Auckland, and the world a better place. We’re well on our way to creating an emissions-free network. Our trains are already fully electric and eco-friendly and now our buses are following suit, thanks to our expanding fleet of electric buses and the launch of New Zealand’s first hydrogen fuel cell bus. Our aim is to have our entire network emissions-free by 2050.
- We support active lifestyles: whether you're cycling to build up a sweat or travelling to work, our trains and ferries provide you with the extra space needed to fit your bike, e-bike or e-scooter onboard so you can be active on either side of your journey. Looking to ditch the traffic a little sooner and stretch your legs? Make the most of our Park and Ride service, by parking your car and hopping on your nearest bus or train. Find out more about it here.
- Use one card to pay for trips across the entire network: buy, top-up and register your AT HOP card, then use it to travel on buses, trains and ferries. Tagging on and off each service with an AT HOP card is easy and it saves you both time and money. Check out our Buy AT HOP card page to learn more.
- We make sure you have a constant travel guide: the AT Mobile app suggests the best routes for you to get where you need to go, providing step-by-step instructions along the way. Find out more about it here.
- We’re here to help get you home safe: we offer night buses on Fridays and Saturdays right through to the wee small hours. Have fun on your big night out, knowing we’re here to do the driving and get you home safely. Find out more about it here.
- Transport is often included in your ticket to special events: many major events have the cost of transport included in your ticket. Take a bus or train to your next event and get in amongst the atmosphere right from the start of your trip. Find out more about it here.
- We help you spend quality time with your family: under 16’s travel for free on weekends and public holidays on buses, trains and ferries* - just make sure you load your child’s AT HOP card with a Child Concession. Children under the age of 5 always travel for free. Go on, plan that weekend family adventure and make the most of AT’s connected network. *Excludes Waiheke Island ferry services
Ready to travel?
Go to our “Get set to travel” page to find some easy to follow steps and tips that will make sure you’re all set for your first journey using buses, trains or ferries in Auckland.
Need to see the facts? Find out how much time and money you can save.
Skip to chat