There are plenty of places to ride, run and walk in Auckland.
Maps & rides
Print or download maps of Auckland's cycleways, rides and shared paths.
Advice & support
Find out how to get going by bike or get some walking safety tips.
Courses & events
Find out what bike or e-scooter courses are available or check out a cycling or walking community event.
Walking is a fundamental method of human transportation.
Cycle or walk to work
Avoid traffic and get in shape by giving walking or cycling a go.
Let's Go There
The most sustainable form of transport is human powered. Riding a bike in Auckland has so much to offer. No traffic jams or parking hassles. See how these two flatmates can enjoy Auckland’s cycleways on a not-so-lazy-Sunday. With over 300kms of cycleways there’s plenty to explore.
AT Community Bike Fund
For people on bikes
For people walking
- Discover and explore Auckland walkways, trails and shared paths on the Auckland Council AKL Paths website.
- General safety tips while walking around.
Projects, research and monitoring
- Upcoming new cycleways, walkways and upgrades.
- Footpath upgrade programme updates.
- Cycle and walkway monitoring.
- Cycle share feasibility study.
You may also be interested in: