There are plenty of places to ride, run and walk in Auckland.
Maps & rides
Print or download maps of Auckland's cycleways, rides and shared paths.
Advice & support
Find out how to get going by bike or get some walking safety tips.
Courses & events
Find out what bike or e-scooter courses are available or check out a cycling or walking community event.
Walking is a fundamental method of human transportation.
Cycle or walk to work
Avoid traffic and get in shape by giving walking or cycling a go.
Live the bike life
Riding a bike in Auckland has so much to offer. No traffic jams or parking hassles. It's great mentally and physically and you'll see the city differently. Watch Melody and others as they share their stories on the freedom riding a bike in Auckland gives them.
AT Community Bike Fund
For people on bikes
For people walking
- Discover and explore Auckland walkways, trails and shared paths on the Auckland Council AKL Paths website.
- General safety tips while walking around.
Projects, research and monitoring
- Upcoming new cycleways, walkways and upgrades.
- Footpath upgrade programme updates.
- Cycle and walkway monitoring.
- Cycle share feasibility study.
You may also be interested in: