Join one of our free guided bike rides or e-bike rides to discover where Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland's cycle routes can take you.
Our guided bike and e-bike rides are a great way to explore Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland and get inspired about bike riding. Riding your bike to work, school, or play, will help create a healthier, more sustainable region.
Bikes and helmets are provided for free. If you’ve got your own bike and helmet, you’re welcome to bring them along instead.
Guided bike rides
Our guided bike rides tour through cycle routes across Tāmaki Makaurau, including the newest and most scenic routes on our network. Many routes have connections to local schools, cafes, town centres and more, these rides are perfect for local trips and getting out to discover our region.
New guided bike rides coming soon.
Guided e-bike rides
Our guided e-bike rides tour the City Centre Cycle Loop. The loop is an easy way to get around the city by bike and an e-bike makes climbing Auckland's hills easier. Explore our city’s upgraded waterfront via the Quay Street cycleway, cruise underneath the historic Grafton Bridge via the Grafton Gully path, and discover incredible city views from the Lightpath - Te Ara I Whiti.
Group bookings are available for our guided e-bike rides only. A minimum of 4 people is required.
If your group is interested in a guided e-bike ride around the central city loop, fill out the expression of interest form. Our contractor will be in touch to book a ride at a time that suits your group.
What you need to know
- All guided rides are free and open to Auckland residents over the age of 18.
- Our guided rides are for people who are confident on a bike. We have free Adult Bike Skills courses if you need to learn or practice riding.
- All guided rides take about 2 hours.
- Registration is required for all guided rides.
On the day make sure to:
- read all confirmation emails for details about your ride
- arrive 15 minutes before the start time
- look for AT flags and bikes
- wear comfortable clothing and shoes such as sneakers (no jandals)
- bring a backpack with sunscreen, a rain jacket, a water bottle and snacks.