Top up online and avoid the need to visit a top-up machine or a retailer to top up.
What you need to know
- The minimum amount you can top up is $5, and you can store up to $300 of HOP money on your card.
- You cannot travel on a card with a negative balance. A negative balance (or IOU) can be cleared by topping up your card by $5 (minimum top up) or by the value of the negative balance, whichever is greater.
- You need to tag on for funds to show in your AT HOP account balance.
- If you top up your card online before 10pm on any day, in approximately 98% of cases, that top up will be ready for you to use the next day when you tag on. In any other case, it may take up to 72 hours.
- Failure to tag on at an AT HOP reader or electronic gate within 60 days of your online top up will result in that top up expiring, if that happens, please contact us.
- By registering your AT HOP card if it is ever lost or stolen, your balance is protected within 24 hours of its loss being reported to us and your balance can be transferred to a new card.
- There are no refunds or balance transfers available on a card that has not been registered.
You need to top up your AT HOP card with HOP Money or load a monthly pass before you can use your AT HOP card for travel. Prepay AT HOP cards are pre-loaded with $10 HOP Money. Unless you buy a prepay card, cards must be topped up before use and, except where puchased online, must be topped up at the time of purchase.
HOP Money is pre-loaded credit on your AT HOP card. AT HOP card provides at least 25% discount off single trip cash bus and train fares and at least 20% discount off single trip cash ferry fares (Excludes SkyBus and Waiheke ferry services).
You can either travel using the HOP Money loaded on your card, or if you're travelling on the train or bus you can load a monthly pass.
Ways to top up your AT HOP card
Top up online
Top up your registered AT HOP card online.
If you top up your card online before 10pm on any day, in approximately 98% of cases, that top up will be ready for you to use the next day when you tag on. In any other case, it may take up to 72 hours.
Please note that a failure to tag on at an AT HOP reader or electronic gate at a train station within 60 days of your online top up will result in that top up expiring. Top up now.
With an AT HOP online account you can:
- Top up your HOP money and renew concessions
- Set up Auto top-up
- Help protect your AT HOP card balance if your card is lost or stolen
- See your AT HOP journey history
- Manage multiple cards with linked accounts
Online payment options
Account2Account, credit or debit card
Online payment can be made by credit or debit card or linking a bank account using Account2Account. For more information on Account2Account payment option visit the DPS payment express website.
*Account2Account is currently only available for customers of these banks: ANZ, ASB, BNZ, KiwiBank, TSB, Westpac.
Setup and managing your auto top-up
Auto top-up helps to ensure you always have enough funds in your AT HOP account to pay your fare. When your AT HOP balance drops below a certain amount your account is topped up automatically.
To set up auto top-up you first need to register your card and link a bank account or credit card to your account.
Set the amount you want to top up
Choose the amount you want to auto top-up each time - the minimum is $5.
After you’ve set up your auto top-up you will need to tag on to an AT HOP reader or electronic gate at a train station for auto top-up to be activated on your AT HOP card. It may take up to 72 hours for auto top up to be activated on your AT HOP card.
Set a minimum balance
Choose the minimum balance for the automatic top-up - the minimum is $5. When your credit balance on your card drops below this level your card will automatically top up again by the amount you've specified when you next tag onto an AT HOP card reader or go through an electronic gate at a train station.
Set an expiry date
Specify the date that you would like auto top-ups to stop. Helpful if you want to stop an auto top-up over the school holidays for example. The default is one year after setup.
Cancel or alter your auto top-up
If you ever want to cancel or alter your auto top-up, simply log in and disable or change it.
Auto top-up fees
There are no fees on auto top-ups online.
If your payment fails on an auto top-up
Each time your auto top-up is triggered, we will send you an email. Please ensure you have sufficient funds to allow us to debit the auto top-up amount. If we are unable to collect a payment, we will make up to two additional attempts to collect the payment and send you an email each time. However, after the third failed attempt to collect your payment the top-up amount will be removed from your AT HOP card and the auto top-up will be cancelled. If this places your card into a negative balance the card must be topped up to a positive balance before you can use it for travel A negative balance can be cleared by topping up your card by $5 (minimum top up) or by the value of the negative balance, whichever is greater.
Top up using a top-up machine
Top up your AT HOP card using top-up machines at train stations across Auckland and on the northern busway. Follow the instructions on the machine to top up on the spot.
Top up in person
If you'd prefer to top up your AT HOP card in person, you can do it over the counter at train or ferry ticket offices, AT customer service centres, Devonport ferry terminal, Waiheke ferry terminal and selected AT HOP retailers. Find a top up location.
Most top-up machines accept EFTPOS, credit cards, notes and coins.
You may also be interested in:
- Transfering your card balance from a lost or stolen card to a new card
- GST receipt for travel for IRD