Using resident parking coupons
Learn how to activate and use one-day parking coupons so guests can park near your home. The AT Park app is the easiest way to book or cancel coupons.
On this page
Using parking coupons
Use a one-day digital parking coupon to let a friend, tradesperson or anyone else park in your resident parking zone on a specified date. They can park wherever they see the words ‘Authorised Vehicles Exempt’ on street signs.
Once you have been granted your coupons, you can:
- book each coupon for a specific vehicle license plate and date
- cancel a coupon ahead of time if you no longer need it
- use a coupon yourself.
Apply for parking coupons first
You need to apply for your annual allocation of coupons before you can use them.
You do not need a parking permit to apply for coupons.
Activate your parking coupons
Once your coupons have been granted, you can activate them - that means booking each one for a specific vehicle license plate and day. You do not need to display anything in your car.
Activate your coupons through MyAT or using the AT Park app.
Activate coupons with the AT Park app
The AT Park app lets you activate or cancel resident coupons from your phone. You cannot use it to apply for coupons.
- Get the AT Park app.
- Check you can see the permit options in the app. If you can't, you may need to update your version of the app.
- In the AT Park app, click the ‘Permits’ tab.
- Click the plus symbol.
- Select or enter vehicle license plate number.
- Select type of coupon, free or paid.
- Select date to use coupon.
- Click ‘Done’.
- Click ‘Activate’.
- Click ‘Confirm’.
Activate coupons through MyAT
- Log in to your parking account in MyAT.
- From the left-hand menu, choose resident or business.
- From the dropdown menu, select the ‘one-day coupons’ option for your area.
- Enter the vehicle licence plate.
- In the calendar, click on the day or days you want to book.
- The amount to pay is in the ‘Total fee’ field.
- Click 'Submit'.
Cancel your coupons
Once you have activated a coupon you can change or cancel it up to 24 hours beforehand. For example, if the booking is for a Monday, you must cancel it before midnight on Sunday.
You cannot change or cancel a coupon on the day it is booked to be used. On this day the coupon will count as used and cannot be refunded or used later.
Cancel coupons with the AT Park app
- In the AT Park app, click the ‘Permit’ tab.
- Active coupons will be listed.
- Click the rubbish bin icon next to the coupon you want to cancel.
- Click ‘Yes’ to cancel.
Cancel coupons through MyAT
- Log in to your MyAT account.
- On the MyAT page, click 'AT Park'.
- Click on 'Parking permits'.
- Click on 'Apply for and manage parking permits'.
- Select the coupon you want to cancel and click on the permit number.
- Once the coupon has opened, deselect the date that you had activated it for.
- Click submit at the bottom of the page.