February 2019 is Bike Month and we invite Travelwise schools to participate in running events and activities to promote cycling.
Ways to encourage your students to cycle to school
Start a Bike Challenge Chart
- Download and print off the Bike Challenge Chart (PDF 2.56MB).
- List the students names and record each student's bike trips during Bike Month. Students who cycle seven or more return journeys during February will receive either a drink bottle or backpack cover.
- Simply send an email to email@example.com and attach a copy of the completed chart by Friday 8 March and we will send out your prizes.
Cycle activity game cards on the Cycling NZ website
- Cycle safety quiz (PDF 2.12MB).
- Checking helmet safety and fit (PDF 4.80MB).
- Cone game (PDF 1.54MB).
- Box game (PDF 1.45MB).
- Grass track race (PDF 4.41MB).
- Bottle zone (PDF 2.78MB).
- Slalom time trial (PDF 1.85MB).
- Turtle Race (PDF 1.79MB).
- Hold a Bike to school milo morning.
- Have a Pit Stop where you can get helmet/bike safety checks.
- A bike wash.
- A wheels day.
- Create your own fun bike event.
For every school that runs at least one bike event/activity during February 2019, Auckland Transport will gift your school a native tree.
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a photo* and short description of your event/activity by the 28 February 2019.
*Photos will be used for internal purposes only. If you are happy for your photo to be published online via our website or social media channels, each child will require a consent form completed by their parent/guardian. Download the consent form (PDF 496KB).
For any cycle support, please contact your Community Transport Co-ordinator.