In June 2023, we made some changes to parking restrictions on Seaview Avenue & Onewa Road. The project looked at addressing pain points along Onewa road and resulted in parking removal outside 108 and 170 Onewa Road. We received concerns from the businesses on Onewa Road regarding lack of parking in the area for their customers. In response to this, the Kaipatiki Local Board have requested Auckland Transport to reinstate parking outside businesses while balancing the need for traffic to flow. For more information on the previous parking project, please visit Onewa Road, Birkenhead - Broken Yellow Lines.
We are planning to improve parking availability at the following locations:
Seaview Avenue and Onewa Road
- Install 2 parking spaces on Onewa Road outside 108 Onewa Road, Onewa. These spaces provide free parking and will have a 15-minute parking time restriction outside of T3 lane hours.
- Remove the existing parking sign and replace it with a P15 sign. The P15 sign will extend along 30 metres of Seaview Avenue. The P15 time restrictions will apply from Mon-Sun 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Remove the existing parking sign and replace it with a P120 sign. The P120 sign will extend along 18.7 metres of Seaview Avenue. The P120 spaces will be installed behind the new P15 parking spaces. The P120 time restrictions will apply from Mon-Fri 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Wernham Place and Onewa Road
- Add a new P5 sign and post on Onewa Road outside 174 Onewa Road. The P5 restrictions apply outside of T3 lane hours.
- Attach a new parking sign to the lighting column outside 172 Onewa Road.
- Remove existing sign and replace with a P15 sign with parking restrictions outside 1A/176, 1B/176 and 1C/176 Wernham Place. The P15 restrictions apply from Mon-Sun 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Remove the loading zone road marking and sign outside 2 Wernham Place.
Outside 203 Onewa Road
We received concerns from the residents to address safety issues caused by cars parked adjacent to the bus stop outside 203 Onewa Road.
- We are planning to paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) from the bus stop outside 203 Onewa Road up to the intersection at Aorangi Place.