Proposal status: closed 16 April 2019
Reference number: NOP1819-015
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing to make improvements to the intersection of Kerwyn Avenue, Springs Road, and Lady Ruby Drive, in East Tamaki. This would include:
- Removal of slip lanes to and from Lady Ruby Drive, and extension of No stopping at all times (broken yellow Lines) restrictions. Check proposal drawing for details.
- Widening of Lady Ruby Drive and Kerywn Avenue on the southern side to provide an additional westbound through lane and two westbound receiving lanes.
- Modifications to signal phasing for further efficiency gain on east-west traffic flow.
- Installation of signal crossing at the slip lane from Kerwyn Avenue to Springs Road (North).
- Modification of shared through and right turn lane on Kerwyn Avenue to a through only lane, with associated road markings.
Why the changes are needed
These changes are needed to improve the efficiency and safety of the intersection.
Our investigations indicate that this intersection frequently experiences significant delays and queuing for traffic travelling in east-west directions, particularly during morning peak hours. Installation of a signal-controlled pedestrian crossing at the slip lane from Kerwyn Avenue would also improve pedestrian safety and amenity.