Skip to Main Content
Plan a Travelwise breakfastTravelwise breakfast event
- Aim of the Travelwise Breakfast
- Things to try
1. Aim of the Travelwise breakfast
- To promote travelling to school in a sustainable way
- To reward students who already travel to school sustainably
- To encourage others who do not already travel to school by sustainable means
- Download the Running A Promotional Breakfast Instruction Sheet here (PDF 60 KB)
Before the day
- Decide which travel mode you wish to promote.
- Arrange with tuck shop / food tech room for cooking hash browns. Arrange volunteers if required.
- Design advertising posters to promote the event.
- Promote the breakfast at assemblies etc.
- Send sign up lists to classes so you'll know how many people to cater for.
- Divide Travelwise Student Leaders into roles for the day:
- Distribution of tickets
- Collection of tickets
- Distribution of food
- Design and print a voucher to give to students to redeem for their breakfast (this will be given out to students on the day).
- Buy breakfast items e.g. juice, hash browns, plastic cups and napkins.
On the day
- Set up food tables.
- Hand out vouchers to students who have travelled to school in a sustainable way.
- Collect vouchers from students as they collect their breakfast.
- Enjoy breakfast!
After the day
- Collate numbers of participants from the day
- Compare these numbers with numbers of students travelling in that mode on a normal week
3. Things to try
- Run a breakfast for each mode of travel over the course of a year
- Students who participate could go in to a draw for a special prize
- To increase the mode of travel all week, run the promotion over a whole week with the breakfast being on any given day. Only the Travelwise group and staff know what day the breakfast will be on
- Send Intermediate School registration forms home with interested students for parents to sign and bring back to school