From 1 August 2016, if you want to reserve parking spaces for any vehicles associated with a film shoot in Auckland, you must apply for a Screen Works Access Permit.
About Screen Works Access Permits
In May 2015, Auckland Transport (AT) adopted its new parking strategy that contains a new policy for issuing parking permits. From 1 August 2016, filming permits (sometimes referred to as ‘Ops Permits’) have been replaced by Screen Works Access Permits as part of a collaborative approach between AT and Screen Auckland.
The new permit process is designed to:
- Remove ambiguity.
- Allow film production companies to legally place cones to reserve parking for film equipment vehicles.
- Integrate parking applications with the AT works system. This gives AT greater knowledge of the location of film shoots; we will inform applicants of any clash of activities so issues can be worked through before filming starts.
Established film location managers
Step 1 - Agree to and sign the Screen Auckland operational guidelines Traffic Management Plan (TMP).
Step 2 - Apply for a permit directly through Submitica:
- Register or login to Submitica.
- Create new application type: Event (make sure you have a site map ready to upload prior to starting).
- Follow the prompts to fill in your details, upload site map of parking plan – SA crew as principal.
Productions without a recognised Auckland-based location manager
You must submit applications via Screen Auckland. A Screen Auckland Facilitator will process your application through Submitica on your behalf.
Processing is likely to take an extra day or 2.
Information required with your application
- Location (including exact length or number of spaces requested).
- Site map.
- Timing (dates and times including ‘bump in’ lead time, if applicable).
- Contact details.
Once your application is submitted, the request will be reviewed by AT Special Events Team.
Allow at least 2 working days for your approval to be returned by email. This should be available on site at all times, in either paper or electronic form.
AT will invoice you directly for any fees when your permit is approved.
For more information on the application process and permit fees, visit the Screen Auckland website.