A modern transport system requires technological “glue” to collect, process and utilise data to provide operational effectiveness, efficiency, safety and resilience across all transportation modes and services.
About the technology strategy
Published 2 September 2016. Read all updates.
This Technology Strategy documents some long-term strategic visions for technology as well as a focussed short (24 month) horizon strategy, goals, principles and actions for our digital, Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and Business Technology (BT) programmes.
It is not intended to be a detailed and prescriptive plan but an outline of the key themes, areas of focus and some high level actions. The very nature of a digital programme precludes traditional, detailed, bottom-up, technology planning because successful digital programmes are customer-led and human-centred and change quickly according to the environmental factors that it operates in.
The purpose of this document is to:
- Describe our strategic vision for technology, including digital, ITS and traditional Iinformation Technology (IT) components.
- Articulate how our customers will benefit from this technology strategy.
- Establish the context and approach for our technology programmes for the next 24 months.
- Outline how they serve our strategic goals – and those of its partners and stakeholders.
- Outline how the digital programme, ITS and BT will align to support those goals
Read the Technology Strategy (PDF 3MB, 32 pages)
2 September 2016
The June 2016 Technology Strategy was uploaded