A modern transport system requires technological “glue” to collect, process, and utilise data to provide operational effectiveness, efficiency, safety, and resilience across all transport modes and services.
The Technology Strategy documents some long-term strategic visions for technology as well as focussed short (24 month) goals, principles, and actions for our digital, Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) and Business Technology (BT) programmes.
About the technology strategy
Published 2 September 2016. Read all updates.
The Technology Strategy is an outline of the key themes, areas of focus, and some high-level actions rather than a detailed and prescriptive plan.
The very nature of a digital programme precludes traditional, detailed, bottom-up technology planning because successful programmes are customer-led, human-centred, and change quickly according to the environmental factors that they operate in.
The purpose of this document is to:
- Describe our strategic vision for technology, including digital, ITS and traditional Iinformation Technology (IT) components.
- Articulate how our customers will benefit from this technology strategy.
- Establish the context and approach for our technology programmes for the next 24 months.
- Outline how they serve our strategic goals – and those of its partners and stakeholders.
- Outline how the digital programme, ITS and BT will align to support those goals
2 September 2016
The June 2016 Technology Strategy was uploaded