AT HOP monthly passes are loaded onto AT HOP cards. They provide unlimited travel on the services listed for each pass for one calendar month from the day of first use.
Buying a monthly pass
- The monthly pass price does not include the $10 one-off purchase price of an AT HOP card. Purchase price is non-refundable.
- AT HOP monthly passes can be purchased online or from ticket offices, AT HOP retailers and AT HOP ticket machines.
- There are no refunds for activated AT HOP monthly passes.
- Only one monthly pass of the same type can be loaded on your card at a time. A second monthly pass can be loaded once the first monthly pass has been activated.
Bus and train monthly pass for $215
Provides unlimited travel in all zones for one calendar month on Auckland's buses and trains, except SkyBus services.
Ferry Inner monthly pass for $150
For use on Devonport, Stanley Bay, Bayswater, Northcote Point and Birkenhead ferry services.
Ferry Mid monthly pass for $250
For use on Half Moon Bay, Beach Haven, Hobsonville and West Harbour ferry services.
Ferry Outer monthly pass for $325
For use on Gulf Harbour ferry services.
How the monthly pass works
- The monthly pass starts from the day the pass is first activated (tagged on), eg if you tag on on 13 January the pass is valid until midnight 12 February.
Tag on and tag off with the monthly pass
- If you have a monthly pass you have to tag on and tag off as you travel. If you fail to tag on and tag off you may be charged a default fare.
- If there are insufficient funds in your AT HOP account to cover other travel not included in the monthly pass, your card will go into a
negativebalance. Your card will not be able to be used until the negative balance is cleared including your monthly pass. The minimum that you can top up to clear the negative balance is $5 or the value of the IOU amount, whichever is greater. We suggest that in addition to your monthly pass you maintain a small HOP money balance. Find out how to top-up your AT HOP card with HOP money.
Log in to buy a monthly pass if you have an MyAT account and your card is registered.
How to buy a monthly pass online
- If you do not already have an AT HOP card buy a card online or find out where to get an AT HOP card.
- Create MyAT account if you do not have an AT HOP or MyAT account, otherwise log in.
- Register your AT HOP card. Or if your card is already registered, select the 'Top up my card' button from myAT.
- Select buy a pass on the left hand side.
- Select the pass you want.
- Select apply.
- Select purchase.
How long before it's active on your card or shows in your online account
After buying your monthly pass, your pass will be available after it has been processed (usually within 24 hours, but it can take up to 72 hours), and will show up in your online account only after you tag on. Tag on within 60 days, otherwise the pass will expire and the payment will be reversed to the credit or debit card you used to purchase the pass. If this happens we will send you an email to let you know we’ve done the reversal. Find out more about topping up your card online.
Make sure you have enough HOP money for travel until your monthly pass activates.