The Regional Public Transport Plan (RPTP) describes the public transport network that Auckland Transport (AT) proposes for the region, identifies the services that are integral to that network over a 10-year period, and sets out the policies and procedures that apply to those services.
The RPTP is a statutory document that AT formally adopted on 23 September 2013 after a process of consultation and revision. Variations to the document were formally adopted on 27 July 2015.
- Download the Regional Public Transport Plan document.
- Download the Hearings Panel Report on Public Submissions.
- Find out more about the background to the RPTP.
About the RPTP
Last updated 15 March 2016, see all updates.
- Regional Public Transport Plan (PDF 6.07MB, 186 pages) - the final published version of the plan adopted on 27 July 2015.
- Hearings Panel Report on Public Submissions (PDF 664KB, 25 pages) - summarises key issues raised through the public feedback process, the Hearings Panel's response and outlines recommended changes to the RPTP.
15 March 2016
The video "Take a journey with Auckland Transport" has been added to the page.
27 August 2015
The Hearings Panel Report on Public Submissions has been added to the page.
27 July 2015
The AT Board formally adopted the variation to the RPTP.
5 June 2015
In May and June 2015, we sought public feedback on a proposed variation to the RPTP.
As a result of the feedback, several changes were made to the proposed variation.