Proposal status: open until 19 November 2018
Reference number: MIP1718-445
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing to make pedestrian safety improvements along Rosebank Road, including:
- the construction of pram crossings with tactile pavers, side islands, and pedestrian refuge islands outside the addresses of 607, 519, 437, and 391 Rosebank Road.
- the relocation of bus stop 8557 (outside 437 Rosebank Road) and the associated bus shelter slightly southwest along Rosebank Road.
- minor changes to footpaths.
- alterations to lighting, road markings and signage.
- the removal of one tree as indicated in the drawings in order to improve visibility for pedestrians and drivers.
Why the changes are needed
The proposal aims to improve pedestrian safety along Rosebank Road by introducing designated crossing facilities at locations that have been identified as frequent pedestrian crossing points. Changes to lighting, road markings and signage would raise driver awareness and ensure sufficient visibility for pedestrians using the crossing facilities and drivers approaching the crossings.
If you have comments relating to a specific pedestrian refuge, please also include the drawing number in your feedback (G030 to G033).
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it freepost using the address details on the form.