Proposal status: closed 5 December 2018
Reference number: FP1819-018
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing a new footpath on Maire Road in Orewa. The proposed works also include road widening on the eastern side of the road, as the footpath will be built out into the road at the point where a power pole currently sits.
This proposal is part of our footpath programme, which aims to improve pedestrian accessibility all over Auckland.
Why the changes are needed
These changes are needed to complete a missing link in the footpath, and will remove the need to cross the road twice to continue walking along the street. The proposal will enable safer and more convenient walking journeys in the area.
This project will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback. A summary of this feedback and answers to community questions and concerns is below.
- This proposal received positive responses from community members and stakeholders who supported these improved walking facilities in the area.
- Suggestion to move the power lines underground at this location.
Relocating a power line would involve a significant increase in the budget required for this project. Therefore, we currently can’t justify including this request in the footpath design. We have passed this feedback on to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Request for better street lighting to be installed.
A lighting review will be included as part of the detail design for this project.
- Suggestion for a footpath on the north side too.
This suggestion has been added to our list of footpath requests for future consideration.
- The berms along the back of #14 is quite muddy because people park here. Please formalise this parking.
Similar question asked about area near #49 Maire Road. This suggestion will be forwarded to the parking team within Auckland Transport to investigate.
- The berm across the driveway for 58-70 Maire road is uneven and hard to maintain. Please even it out so customer can easily get rid of the weeds.
This suggestion will be passed to the appropriate team within Auckland Transport for their consideration.
- Cars turn around on the road in front of #49. Please address this issue.
This suggestion will be passed to the appropriate safety team within Auckland Transport for their consideration.
This work will happen before July 2019 , but we will let you know if there are further changes or delays. Our contractors will send notices to affected residents 48-hours prior to construction starting.