Proposal status: Feedback closed 20 May 2022
Reference number: BYL-555
We're proposing improvements in your area
As part of our work to keep Aucklanders moving, we are proposing to paint some broken yellow lines to improve access and road safety on Waterloo Road, Silverdale.
We are proposing to:
- Paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) along Waterloo Road from Highgate Parkway to the roundabout of Waterloo Rd and Wainui Rd.
- This will result in the loss of approximately 40 parking spaces.
Due to broken yellow lines being painted on Emirali Road, there has been an increase in the number of vehicles parking along Waterloo Road. The increased number of vehicles parking on Waterloo Road has caused severe pinch points and access issues for drivers. Developments in the surrounding area, including the completion of Milldale, will result in Waterloo Road being used as a major thoroughfare. The proposed changes will improve access and safety for all types of vehicles travelling in the area. We understand removing parking can be inconvenient, so we have minimised the removal whilst ensuring access and clear lines of sight.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Silverdale: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Waterloo Road are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).