Proposal status: closed 19 April 2019
Reference number: NOP1819-007
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing changes to the Hill Road and Charles Prevost Drive intersection in The Gardens. The changes include:
- A dedicated left turn only lane from Hill Rd to Charles Prevost Drive.
- Relocation of existing signalised crossing of Hill Road west, to a more desired location between the shops and retirement village.
- Removal of existing refuge island close to the new crossing location.
- Widening of the footpath on the northern side of Hill Road.
- Broken yellow lines around the two corners of Charles Prevost Drive.
Why the changes are needed
These changes are needed to improve traffic flow and walking amenities on Hill Road. Currently, this intersection experiences congestion and delays in the eastbound direction during afternoon peaks.
There are also opportunities for improving pedestrian provisions in relation to the redevelopment of Elmwood Retirement Village.