Swanson Road, Mangere Bridge – P120 Parking Time Restriction Swanson Road, Mangere Bridge – P120 Parking Time Restriction
Proposal status: Feedback closed 5 July 2022
Reference number: RTV-427
In June 2022, we proposed to introduce a P120 Parking Time Restriction at the southern parking area on Swanson Road. These changes are in response to requests from businesses in the area.
After reviewing all the feedback, we are proceeding with the work as proposed.
What happens next
We anticipate the changes will be implemented by the end of September 2022.
Thank you for helping us make better decisions for your neighbourhood, informed by your local knowledge. Respondents were supportive of this proposal, describing their concerns about people parking all day here. The proposed changes aim to improve parking availability in Māngere Bridge town centre.
We're proposing improvements in your area
In response to requests from the community, we are proposing changes to parking on Swanson Road in Māngere Bridge.
We are proposing to:
- Introduce new P120 (120 minutes) time restricted parking on the southern part of Swanson Road, applicable Monday to Sunday, 8am-6pm.
- Paint a small section of broken yellow lines (No Stopping At All Times) to remove one parking space on the North-West side of the angled parking bays.
Download the proposal drawing for Swanson Road (PDF 119KB)
Auckland Transport would like to work with you to deliver more effective parking in your neighbourhood. These changes are in response to a number of customer requests for parking restrictions on Swanson Road, due to an increase in all day parking. The proposed parking restriction will improve parking availability for customers of the nearby shops and visitors to Swanson Park.
As part of these changes, we are also proposing to remove one angled parking space to improve visibility for drivers and pedestrians in the area.
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it freepost using the address details on the form.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Māngere Bridge: Safe with us