Te Makuru Lane, Maraetai – Broken Yellow Lines Te Makuru Lane, Maraetai – Broken Yellow Lines
Proposal status: Feedback open until 19 May 2023
Reference number: BYL-622
We're proposing improvements in your area
We have heard concerns from some residents that it’s difficult to access their driveways when vehicles are parked on the other side of the road.
We are proposing to:
- Install broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) in some segments of the north side of Te Makuru Lane. The proposal will remove 11 parking spaces to improve access to residents from both sides of the road. We understand that removing parking can be inconvenient, so we have minimised the removal as much as possible, while prioritising the safety of all road users.
- Remove half of the broken yellow lines between 17 and 19 Te Makuru Lane to accommodate additional on-street parking.
Download the proposal drawing for Te Makuru Lane (PDF 272KB)
We want to work with you to deliver safer roads in your neighbourhood. These changes would:
- Improve safety and access for residents as they enter and exit their driveways.
- Make sure that the narrow road is always kept clear and that all large vehicles, especially rubbish trucks and emergency vehicles, have easy access to the road.
What happens next
- We’ll listen to all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Maraetai: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Te Makuru Lane are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).