Proposal status: closed 15 March 2019
Reference number: BYL-385
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing to install No stopping at all times parking restrictions (broken yellow lines) on Rowan Terrace, resulting in the loss of approximately 6 parking spaces.
Why the changes are needed
These changes are needed to improve access along Rowan Terrace.
Feedback from the recent speed management consultation in Te Atatu South identified Rowan Terrace as having accessibility issues caused by parked vehicles, specifically during school pickup and drop off times.
This project will proceed without changes to the next stage of detailed planning. Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback. A summary of this feedback and answers to community questions and concerns is below.
- This proposal received positive responses from community members and stakeholders who supported the improved access for larger vehicles the proposal would enable.
- Respondents proposed alternative solutions to decrease congestion, including;
- Cooperation with the school to encourage school pick up and drop off on Flanshaw Road.
- Time restrictions within school time, for example no parking between 8am to 8:45am and 3pm to 3:45pm) etc. Auckland Transport already coordinate with Flanshaw Road School regarding school pickup and drop-off.
These broken yellow lines would still be advisable without the presence of school related parking.
- The respondent opposed the proposal, on the grounds that it would remove necessary parking. Whilst we do appreciate the loss of parking may be inconvenient, this proposal is necessary for access.
- The respondents asserted that there are existing BYLs on the other side of the road and requested the extension of them up to the driveways of 2 and 12 Rowan Terrace. The proposal has been designed to allow access while minimising parking loss.
This work will happen before August 2019, but we will let you know if there are further changes or delays.
Our contractors will send notices to affected residents 48-hours prior to construction starting.