Auckland Transport (AT) wants your feedback – as it proposes to change nine existing North Shore bus services and introduce a new one.
These changes aim to make it quicker and easier for you to travel around the North Shore and the rest of Auckland by public transport.
Any changes to bus services would be made when Rosedale Station (a new Northern Busway station) opens, which is currently planned for 2025.
The services involved are: NX1, NX2, 865, 866, 883, 884, 885, 889, 907 and 864.
Auckland Transport’s Service Network Development Manager Pete Moth says the proposed changes mean more direct bus routes would take you to the future Rosedale Station - where you’d be able to change to the frequent Northern Busway services.
“It would mean more bus routes to serve the North Harbour Industrial Estate and Massey University, it would be easier to access the Mairangi Bay shops by bus, and some residential areas would be served by buses for the first time.”
“The proposed new service - the 864 - would give Browns Bay residents the most direct connection possible with the Northern Busway at Rosedale Station, and quicker journeys to and from the city centre and other parts of the North Shore. It would give Albany Village another connection with the Northern Busway at Rosedale Station, and a connection with the East Coast Bays.”
Tell us what you think by Sunday 3 April 2022.
- Tell us what you think about the proposed changes at AT.govt.nz/NorthShoreBuses.
- For information about Rosedale Station visit: nzta.govt.nz/projects/the-western-ring-route/auckland-northern-corridor/rosedale-station/
Come and have a chat about this project:
- Constellation Station. Tuesday 22 March. 4pm till 7pm;
- Albany Station. Thursday 24 March. 4pm till 7pm;
- East Coast Bays Library. Saturday 26 March. 10am till 2pm.
Attendees will need to follow all current COVID-19 Protection Framework protocols. Check our website before attending, as sessions may change due to COVID-19 precautions.
- There will be online information sessions on Thursday 17 March and Monday 21 March.
See: www.AT.govt.nz/NorthShoreBuses for more.