Apply for a new mooring site Apply for a new mooring site
There are two options to apply to have a new mooring laid within a mooring zone, applying online or posting your application.
You need to know
- Vessels cannot exceed 15 metres.
- Subject to approval, a mooring licence will be issued. You can then make arrangements with a mooring service provider to lay a mooring at the allocated site.
- If a mooring you'd like is not within a mooring zone, you will have to apply for a resource consent.
- The Harbourmaster's office reserves the right on locating an adequate site for all new mooring enquires, but will try to accommodate all requests upon receiving your application.
- All new site applications are only valid for 4 weeks due to supply and demand. If no reply to the new site is received within 4 weeks the application will be cancelled.
Note: We cannot accept applications over the phone.
Option 1: Apply online
Fill out the online application form.
Before you start
If available, you may upload a photo of the vessel that will occupy the mooring with your application.
Option 2: Post your application
- Print and fill out a hard copy of the new mooring site application form (PDF 133KB).
- Print a hard copy of the photo of the vessel that will occupy the mooring.
- Post your application form and photo to:
Attention: Moorings team
Private Bag 92250