What you need to know about selling or renting your mooring in Auckland and find out how to list your mooring on the AT website.
When selling or renting your mooring
- You must notify the Harbourmaster's Office when you rent your mooring and when it is vacated.
- You can only rent a mooring for a maximum of 6 months.
- You cannot rent/sublease a mooring in a waiting list area.
- Any new vessels on a mooring must be suitable for the mooring site.
- All rentals/subleases must be approved by the Harbourmaster's office.
How to list your mooring for sale or rent
We provide a free service to list moorings for sale or rent on our website.
Fill out the online application form:
Note: We cannot accept applications over the phone.
What happens next
After receiving your application form, the Harbourmaster's office will enter the details on the website at their earliest opportunity.
Other ways to advertise your mooring
- The NZ Herald boating section.
- Trade Me.
- Local boating club notice boards.
- Local newspapers.
Once your mooring has been sold or rented
- You (the original owner) must advise the Harbourmaster's office to remove the listing from the website by emailing email@example.com
- If you have:
- rented your mooring - provide the Harbourmaster's office with temporary users contact and vessel details.
- sold your mooring - you will need to transfer the ownership. Find out more about transferring ownership of your mooring.