Licence plate recognition (LPR) uses your licence plate number rather than a ticket for entry, exit and payment.
We will be using LPR in some of our car park buildings, starting with Victoria St car park (2019) and Downtown car park (2020).
Entering a car park with LPR
- Drive into the entrance, slow or stop in front of the barrier arm
- The camera will read your licence plate number, record your time of entry and open the barrier arm
- This is a ticket-less system (unless the camera cannot read your number)
- Drive in and park
If camera cannot read your licence plate number
If the camera cannot read your plate number when entering, the sign will tell you to take a ticket from the machine. Keep the ticket with you - you will need it to pay at the machine before you return to your car.
If there are issues entering, exiting or paying, please use the call button on the payment machines (Level 1), or at the entry and exit machines, to speak with our parking team.
Pay with the AT Park app
You can use the AT Park app to pay for your parking.
- You do not need to start a parking session
- When you enter the car park your licence plate number and time of entry will be recorded
- When you return to your car, open the AT Park app, enter the Area ID and complete payment
- Drive to the exit and the barrier arm will open automatically to exit.
AT Park area IDs
- Victoria St car park 100314
- Downtown car park 100315
Pay at machine
Payment machines are on level 1, at the two High Street pedestrian entries.
Machines accept EFTPOS, and credit and debit cards, including PayWave. Machines that accept cash are located at only one entry.
- Pay at the machine before returning to your car
- Follow instructions on the machine, including entering your licence plate number
- The parking fee will be calculated from the time you entered the car park
- Scan your paper ticket or voucher, if you have one
- Once you have paid, you have 15 minutes to leave the car park.
Exiting the car park
- You must pay before exiting
- Approach the exit barrier arm, the camera will read your plate number
- If you have paid, the barrier arm will open.
Help while in the car park
Use the call button on the payment machines (Level 1), or at the entry and exit machines, to speak with our parking team.