Licence plate recognition (LPR) uses your vehicle licence plate number, rather than having to take a paper ticket to enter, exit and pay.
We will be using LPR in our car park buildings, starting with Victoria St car park.
We will be introducing LPR to our other car park buildings later in 2019 and 2020.
Entering a car park with LPR
- Drive into the entrance, slow or stop in front of the barrier arm
- The camera will read your licence plate number and the barrier arm will open
- Just drive in a park
The LPR system records your time of entry, and you will need to know your licence plate number when it’s time to pay.
If camera cannot read your licence plate number
If the camera cannot read your plate number when entering, the sign will tell you to take a ticket from the machine.
Keep the ticket with you - you will need it to pay at the machine before you return to your car.
Payment machine locations
Payment machines are on level 1, access from both High Street pedestrian entries.
The machines accept EFTPOS, credit and debit cards, including PayWave.
Paying at machine
- Pay at the machine before returning to your car
- Follow instructions on the machine, including entering your licence plate number
- The parking fee will be calculated from the time you entered the car park
- Scan your paper ticket or voucher, if you have one
- Once you have paid, you have 15 minutes to leave the car park
Exiting the car park
- You must pay before exiting
- Approach the exit barrier arm, the camera will read your plate number
- If you have paid, the barrier arm will open
Help while in the car park
Use the call button on the payment machines (Level 1) to speak with our parking team.