During July and August 2014, Auckland Transport ran a survey to investigate the public transport requirements of Warkworth residents. We received 396 submissions.
- Read the full consultation summary for Warkworth (PDF 740KB)
Feedback results showed that the most desirable destinations were the Hibiscus Coast, followed by Warkworth town centre, and then Auckland city centre.
When asked how often people would use a service to Silverdale to connect them to the Hibiscus Coast and Auckland:
- 17% of respondents (68 people) said they would use it daily.
- 16.5% (65 people) said they would use it one to four times a week.
- 28% (111 people) said they would use it two or three times a month.
- 34% (135 people) said they would use it once a month or less.
- The remaining 2 per cent didn’t answer or wouldn’t use it at all.
Below is a graph of the times of day people said they would use a service to Hibiscus Coast Station.
What times do you estimate you would use a service to Hibiscus Coast Station?
The conclusion of the survey is that Warkworth will continue to be served by the Kowhai Connection service, which provides transport around the local area. Results indicated that there is currently not enough community demand for a public transport service to the Hibiscus Coast.
Warkworth is recognised as a growing area. For this reason AT will re-assess Warkworth's public transport needs in the 2018-19 financial year.