From Sunday 30 September 2018, Warkworth will be connected to Hibiscus Coast Station in Silverdale with new bus route 995. New bus routes 996 and 997 will replace the Kowhai Connection. These services will operate 7 days a week.
- Find out about the Warkworth and Kowhai Coast bus service changes
- Attend our public information event
- Public consultation for Warkworth
- Please check back for the Warkworth and Kowhai Coast brochure and timetables
The changes to the Warkworth and Kowhai Coast network are part of an exciting new bus network for the Auckland region. Find out more about the new public transport network.
Benefits for Warkworth and Kowhai Coast
- Warkworth will now be connected to Auckland's bus network via Hibiscus Coast Station.
- Buses will now operate 7 days a week.
- You can now pay for your fare using an AT HOP card which gives you at least 25% discount off single trip cash bus, train and ferry fares (excludes Night bus and SkyBus services and Waiheke ferry services).
- SuperGold card holders can get a SuperGold concession loaded onto a gold AT HOP card. A SuperGold concession allows free travel on trains and selected bus and ferry services in Auckland after 9am on weekdays and all day weekends and public holidays.
- More direct connections between Warkworth and the Kowhai Coast.
New route 995 - Warkworth and Hibiscus Coast Station
- Direct route between Warkworth and Hibiscus Coast Station in Silverdale.
- Passengers can transfer at Hibiscus Coast Station to buses for Hibiscus Coast, North Shore and Auckland City Centre.
- This service will operate every 30 minutes at peak times (Monday to Friday) and hourly at other times.
Buses replacing the Kowhai Connection
New route 996:
- will operate between Warkworth, Snells Beach and Algies Bay.
- will have 8 trips per day on weekdays and 4 on Saturdays and Sundays.
New route 997:
- will operate between Warkworth, Matakana, Point Wells and Omaha.
- will have 7 trips per day on weekdays and 4 on Saturdays and Sundays.
Fares and concessions
- You will be able to pay using an AT HOP card, a reusable prepay smart card for travel on trains, ferries and buses around Auckland.
- SuperGold card holders will need to purchase a gold AT HOP card to receive a SuperGold concession.
- Blue AT HOP cards will be available for purchase from Warkworth New World, Matakana Four Square and Mahurangi Four Square in Snells Beach.
- Student concessions are also available with blue AT HOP cards.
- Find out more information about the AT HOP card
AT uses a zone-based system to calculate bus fares. Your fare will be based on the number of zones you travel through. Warkworth and all destinations on the 996 and 997 fall within a new 'Warkworth' fare zone.
|Journey||AT HOP fare||Cash fare|
|Adult fare within Warkworth zone||$1.90 1 zone||$3.50 per bus taken|
|Child fare within Warkworth zone||$0.99 1 zone||$2 per bus taken|
|Adult fare Warkworth - anywhere on Hibiscus Coast||$3.30 2 zones||2 zone fare ($5.50) + 1 zone fare ($3.50) = $9|
|Adults fare Warkworth - Britomart (Lower Albert St)||$7.50 5 zones||2 zone fare ($5.50) + 4 zone fare ($9) = $14.50|
Come and talk to us at our public information event:
Date: Tuesday 18 September 2018.
Time: 9am to 2pm.
Location: Old Masonic Hall, 3 Baxter St in Warkworth.
Gold AT HOP cards for SuperGold card holders will be available for purchase at this event.
We will also be loading SuperGold card concessions onto these cards for people who are eligible. Bring your SuperGold card and a current photo ID eg Passport or Driver License.
The Warkworth and Kowhai Coast bus consultation took place in July and August 2014. We received 396 responses.
At the time of the consultation there was insufficient support for a service to Hibiscus Coast Station. However, AT recognises the recent rapid development taking place in Warkworth and the Kowhai Coast resulting in the need for quality transport links, which is why we have made these additions to the network.
Where to next
AT will monitor the patronage and performance of the new bus services. As population growth continues and key roading projects are completed, AT will, subject to available funding, develop the bus network to better serve Warkworth and the Kowhai Coast.
- Follow our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts or up to date information.
- Sign up for the New Network newsletter
Published 19 June 2018 | Last updated 19 June 2018
Information is correct at the time of publishing and subject to change