Auckland Transport (AT) are making Parnell Station safer and more accessible by adding a new pedestrian underpass between the platforms.
Project status: Construction
Project zone: Central
AT has received consent to begin constructing a new pedestrian underpass at Parnell Station. It will provide a connection between the station platforms so that customers can easily and safely access the platform they need.
The underpass is the final stage in upgrading Parnell Station. The design for the station's upgrade was presented to Auckland Council, Mana Whenua, the Local Board, and the Parnell community in 2012.
Parnell Station Underpass concept art, not indicative of definitive, final appearance
Location of underpass
- November 2022 – work starts.
- September 2023 – expected completion date.
- The underpass will improve safety and convenience for station customers, making it easier to go between platforms without risk of injury.
- Passengers will also benefit from having a shorter walking distance to get to the other side of the platforms.
What to expect
Construction will start in November 2022 and is expected to take 9 months to complete, weather dependent.
Pedestrian access to and from the station will be maintained throughout the duration of this work, except during the Christmas rail shut down period (26 December to 15 January).
Pedestrians are asked to follow signage and to take care of children and pets.
For more information
If you’d like to speak to someone about our plans, please contact us.
- Phone: 09 353 3553
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org