Terms and conditions
1. All information on how to enter and eligibility for prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By entering the America’s Cup Celebration promotion (‘Promotion’) entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The promoter is Auckland Transport, 20 Viaduct Harbour, Private Bag 92250, Auckland 1142 (‘Promoter’).
3. Entry is open to people aged 16 years or older on the last day of the Promotional Period, residents of Auckland Council region.
4. The Promotion runs from 10am Friday 9 April to 10am Monday 12 April 2021 (‘Promotional Period’).
5. To enter the promotion, the eligible person must comment on the Facebook competition post stating the date and course Emirates Team NZ won the America's Cup 2021; and naming 3 Covid-19 safety precautions to take when catching public transport.
6. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. The entrant provides their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The entrant completely releases Facebook from any liability in relation to the Promotion.
7. The Promotion is limited to one entry per person. Any duplicate entries will be removed from the draw.
8. Entries which include partial information, or are submitted by or through dishonest means, fraud or other illegal activity, or entries not complying with these terms and conditions, are invalid.
9. There are x2 limited edition America’s Cup AT HOP cards (‘Prizes’) to be won.
10. The Prize draw will take place at 10:00 a.m., on Monday, 12 April 2021. The winner of each draw will be drawn at random from all eligible entries received during the Promotional Period, following which the winners will be contacted. The Prize will be couriered to each winner. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of the winner’s identity before sending the Prize.
11. If the winner does not wish to accept the Prize or if contact is not able to be made with the winner within 3 days of the Prize draw, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and a new winner will be drawn by the Promoter.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
13. Employees and family members of the Promoter are not able to enter the Promotion.
14. If any advertised Prize (or part of the Prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize (or that part of the Prize) with a prize to the equal or greater value and/or specification. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
15. Any expenses (including but not limited to travel, accommodation, food and beverage) incurred in relation to accepting or using the Prize is the responsibility of the winner.
16. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated agencies are not liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss, damage or injury (including indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with participation in this Promotion or the use of the Prize.
17. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify a consumer's rights under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. These terms and conditions must be read subject to those statutory provisions and will not affect any statutory rights that an entrant may have in relation to the return of a prize.
18. The Promoter, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend, terminate or modify the Promotion or any part of the Promotion if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Promoter's reasonable control adversely affects the Promoter's ability to conduct the Promotion or part of the Promotion as contemplated in these terms and conditions. Any cancellation or modification to the Promotion will be notified on the Promoter's website at AT.govt.nz.
19. The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, damaged, misdirected, late, illegible or incomplete registrations or entries, incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures, failures of computer equipment or software, inability to access telecommunications network services, corruption of any format holding an entry, failure of the winner to collect the Prize or any other error or malfunction.
20. The Promoter’s decisions on all matters relating to this promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.