Proposal status: Feedback open until 9 December 2022
Reference number: 20100465
We’re proposing improvements in your area
We are addressing safety concerns raised by the community due to the lack of walking facilities along Henderson Valley Road in Henderson.
We are proposing to:
- Construct a 550-metre footpath on Henderson Valley, from the corner of Misty Valley Drive to the section of existing footpath at 169 Henderson Valley Road.
- Paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) along the new kerb line as there is not enough room to park next to the kerb.
- Paint parallel parking spaces outside Henderson Valley Park to provide space for the new footpath and formalise the parking spaces.
- Prune large street trees to improve visibility.
This upgrade would provide a safe and continuous footpath along this section of Henderson Valley Road which would improve pedestrian safety and accessibility.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Henderson: Safe with us
This proposal supports Tamaki Makaurau’s commitment to Vision Zero, an ambitious transport safety vision, with the goal of no deaths or serious injuries on our transport system by 2050.
This approach acknowledges that as people we all make mistakes, however, a mistake
should not mean someone dies or is seriously injured on our roads. It’s also an approach
that values everyone using the road, not just those in vehicles. It is about caring for more
vulnerable road users like people walking or cycling, children and the elderly. Vision Zero is the international benchmark for transport safety.