Proposal status: Feedback open until 11 July 2022
Reference number: RTV-428
We're proposing improvements in your area
Listening to what you have to say is important to us. Your local knowledge can help us make better decisions, so together we can achieve the best outcomes for your neighbourhood.
We are proposing to:
- Implement a P120 (two hours) parking restriction along one side of Kipling Avenue, Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm.
- Install broken yellow lines near the intersection of Kipling Avenue and Gillies Avenue. This would remove two on-street parking spaces.
How will this benefit your neighbourhood
Auckland Transport would like to work with you to improve parking management and traffic flow in your neighbourhood. We have received requests over the last couple of years to consider introducing parking time restrictions on Kipling Avenue, Epsom.
The requests stated that the parking demand is high on this street due to people parking all day and accessing public transport and other nearby facilities. We investigated and found that the peak parking demand was around 95% during our site observation thus a parking management change is proposed to make it easier to find parking.
Implementing a P120 time restriction along one side applying Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm will help improve parking availability for anyone looking to park for the short term, including visitors to residents and businesses. Having a time restriction on one side of the street and unrestricted parking on the other side of the street would create a balance between long-term and short-term parking needs and would alleviate all day parking issues currently observed during our site observations.
Broken yellow lines closer to the intersection at Gillies Avenue end will improve the overall traffic flow on the street specially during peak times which was one of the concerns highlighted to AT in the requests received.
Have your say
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
We have also proposed the same changes on Domett Avenue in Epsom.
Epsom: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Kipling Avenue are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).