To have a parking, bus lane or transit lane infringement removed or transferred to another person, you'll need to provide a statutory declaration, supporting evidence and details of the infringement.
Step 1: Fill out a statutory declaration
Fill out the relevant statutory declaration with information explaining why you are, or are not liable for this infringement, for example if your car was stolen or you recently sold it.
Before you sign the form and add the date and place, you need to find an authorised witness.
Driver statutory declaration
- Complete this form if you were the driver of a vehicle issued with an infringement notice and you wish to accept responsibility for the infringement offence.
- Print and complete the Driver statutory declaration form (PDF 70KB).
Stationary vehicle statutory declaration
- Use this form for infringements in relation to stationary vehicle offences, for example parking, WOF or rego infringements.
- Print and complete the Statutory declaration in relation to a stationary vehicle offence (PDF 139KB).
Special vehicle lane statutory declaration
- Use this form for bus or transit lane infringements.
- Print and complete the Statutory declaration in relation to a special vehicle lane offence (PDF 139KB).
Step 2: Getting the statutory declaration witnessed
You'll need to sign the form and fill in the date and place before an authorised witness, which includes a lawyer, a Justice of the Peace (JP), a notary public, a court Registrar or Deputy Registrar, a Member of Parliament.
Step 3: Gather supporting evidence
You’ll need to provide evidence to support the facts you are presenting, for example:
- A police report if your car was stolen.
- A NZ Transport Agency transfer receipt/sale agreement if you sold your car before the infringement took place.
Step 4: Submit your application
Query your infringement online and attach your statutory declaration and supporting evidence. Each file must be less than 2MB.
Download, print and complete the Vehicle infringement query form (PDF 88KB).
Or, write a letter with the following details: Ticket number, vehicle registration number (number plate), your full name, date of birth and contact phone number.
Post your query form or letter, statutory declaration and a copy (not the originals) of any supporting evidence to:
Private Bag 92260