Ticket information Ticket information
From 1 September 2022, you can purchase a new AT HOP paper ticket for Devonport.
You are encouraged to buy a ticket before you board or tag on with an AT HOP card.
You can also buy the new Waiheke ferry monthly pass and save $58 a month on your travel.
On this page
Single trip paper tickets
- You will be required to present your ticket to staff as you board the ferry.
- For a consistent experience across all our services, you are encouraged to buy a ticket before you board or tag on with your AT HOP card for your travel.
- Ticket machines are located at ferry terminals across the network, except Northcote Point. Passengers on this service will need to purchase a ticket when they depart or arrive at the Downtown Ferry Terminal.
- Find out how to buy a single-trip paper ticket from a machine.
For information on ferry ticket prices and conditions, see Ferry fares
For updated ferry schedules, see Ferry timetables.
Using AT HOP for travel
- You can use AT HOP on all Auckland Transport ferry services except Rakino.
- Using an AT HOP card is cheaper and faster than cash fares. It provides at least a 25% discount off single trip cash fares, excluding the Waiheke ferry service.
- You can purchase AT HOP cards at ticket and top-up machines across Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland including the AT Customer Service Centre, Pier 1 at the Downtown Ferry Terminal.
- See AT HOP retailer and top-up machine locations.
- AT HOP cards also provide an integrated fare, meaning you can transfer between AT buses, trains and ferries and pay just one fare for numerous zones you travel. Learn more about integrated fares.
Where to buy ferry tickets
Bayswater, Te Onewa Northcote Point, Birkenhead, Half Moon Bay, Gulf Harbour, Beach Haven, Hobsonville Point, Pine Harbour, West Harbour ferry services
You can purchase single trip paper tickets for ferry services and top up your AT HOP card at
- Downtown Ferry Terminal
- Ticketing machines located across Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland
Devonport ferry service
As of 19 August, Fullers360 10-trip FlexiPass and Fullers360 Monthly Passes are no longer available for purchase for Devonport services. You can use your current passes till 30 November 2022.
As of 30 September, the Fullers360 ticket office at Devonport has closed.
The Fullers360 single and return tickets for Devonport are no longer available for purchase prior to boarding. AT and Fullers360 staff are still located at the wharf.
You can purchase tickets for the Devonport ferry service from
- AT HOP ticket machine located at the Devonport wharf, near the toilets
- AT Customer Service Centres (CSC) at Pier 1 at the Downtown Ferry Terminal
If you already have an AT HOP card, find out how to top up your card.
Fullers360 Waiheke Island ferry service
You can purchase tickets for the Waiheke ferry service from
- Downtown Ferry Terminal
- Mātiatia Ferry Terminal
- Online on the Fullers website.
The new AT HOP Waiheke ferry monthly pass will save residents $58 when compared to the Fullers360 monthly pass.
The pass allows unlimited travel for one month on all Fullers360 Waiheke ferry services, and on all buses and trains that are in the same zone as the start or end of the ferry trip (including Waiheke Bus services).
Travel on adjoining zone trains and buses in the city is only available on the AT HOP monthly pass, and is not available if travelling on Fullers360 tickets.
Rakino ferry service
Rakino tickets can only be bought on-board and are not available on AT HOP.
Rangitoto ferry service
Please call Fullers360 directly for fares and any other information on 09 3679111, or visit the Fullers360 website.
Please note AT HOP cards are not valid for travel on Rangitoto ferry services.