Pay your Auckland Transport fine in just five minutes.
Vehicle, parking, bus lane, transit lane, harbourmaster and public transport fines.
- Enter infringement notice number
- View infringement details and images
- Enter payment details
- Confirm and complete payment
Fine not showing online
If your fine details are not showing online, it may be because the fine was issued within the last 24 hours. Please try again later today or tomorrow. If the problem persists, please contact us.
View infringement details and photos
View infringement details and images online (if any photos available). You will need to know your infringement notice number, and the vehicle registration (licence plate number) if it is a vehicle infringement. After you have viewed the details, you can choose to pay or query the infringement.
Ways to pay
Pay online with direct bank transfer (Account2Account)
Direct bank transfer (Account2Account) is a way to make a secure one-off payment from your bank account direct to ours.
It is available for these banks: ANZ, ASB, BNZ, KiwiBank, TSB, Westpac.
Pay online with credit or debit card
When paying online, you can use a credit or debit card. We accept Visa or Mastercard.
Pay in person
When you pay in person, please remember to take your infringement notice or reminder notice, as it has the payment barcode printed on it.
Vehicle, parking, transit lane and bus lane fines can be paid in person at:
- New Zealand Postshops anywhere in New Zealand.
- BNZ Auckland Branches.
- Customer service centres - Auckland City (Bledisloe House), Henderson, Manukau, and Takapuna.
Public transport and harbourmaster fines can be paid in person at:
- New Zeland Postshops anywhere in New Zealand.
Pay by post
Post a cheque made payable to Auckland Transport.
Please write the infringement notice number and your date of birth on the back of the cheque.
Private Bag 92265
Please do not post cash.
1. Infringement notice issued
Payment due 28 days from issue of infringement notice.
To avoid further action, please make payment on or before the due date.
2. Reminder notice issued
If the fine is not paid on or before 28 days, we will send you a reminder notice. The reminder notice gives you another 28 days to pay.
3. Fine lodged with Baycorp
Vehicle, parking, transit lane and bus lane fines
Fines that remain unpaid after the reminder notice date will be lodged with the debt-collection agency Baycorp.
- Auckland Transport cannot accept payment once fine is lodged with Baycorp.
- Auckland Transport cannot review the fine once it is lodged with Baycorp.
- You will need to make payment to Baycorp.
- Baycorp do not add a fee to the fine.
- You can arrange part-payment instalments with Baycorp.
- Baycorp will make every effort to contact the named person on the fine.
- For more information about how to pay go to the Baycorp website.
Public transport and harbourmaster fines
Public transport and harbourmaster fines are not lodged with Baycorp.
4. Fine lodged with Ministry of Justice
Fines that remain unpaid will be lodged with the Ministry of Justice.
- Auckland Transport cannot accept payment once fine is lodged with the Ministry of Justice.
- Auckland Transport cannot review the fine when it is lodged with the Ministry of Justice.
- The Ministry of Justice adds a Court fee to the fine.
- To pay or for more information go to the Ministry of Justice website.
Lost infringement number
If you do not have your infringement number, please contact us and we will send you a copy of your infringement notice.
Infringement paid but you received a reminder notice
If you have paid your infringement and then received a reminder notice, please ignore the reminder notice.
If you would like to confirm that we have received your payment, please contact us.
We do not issue GST receipts because fines do not incur GST.
Infringement notice process
The infringement notice process is set out in various statutes, the Land Transport Act 1998 and the Summary Proceedings Act 1957. These detail the way infringement notices may be served and the administrative process. Visit the Ministry of Justice website for more information on the fines and infringements process.
If your question is not answered here or you need further assistance, please call us.
- For vehicle, parking, bus and transit lane infringements, call 09 355 3553.
- For harbourmaster infringements, call 09 355 3553.
- For public transport infringements, call 09 366 6400.