Proposal status: Feedback open until 30 March 2023
Reference number: FP2021-004
We're proposing improvements in your area
Listening to what you have to say is important to us. Your local knowledge can help us make better decisions, so together we can achieve the best outcomes for your neighbourhood.
We are proposing to:
- Construct a new footpath from 18 to 50 Candia Road to fill a gap in the network. This is to improve pedestrian safety and accessibility in the area.
- Install new timber retaining wall structures and new kerb and channel. This will require tree and vegetation removal.
The Candia Road footpath upgrade is part of a wider footpath programme being delivered by AT. This footpath was prioritised highly, based on multiple factors such as:
- proximity to schools, public transport and community facilities
- speed and the number of vehicles that use the road
- if there are already footpaths nearby or on the other side of the road
- addressing a gap in the existing footpath network on Candia Road.
The design we are proposing minimises the environmental impact on flora, fauna and Lonesome Brook River.
What happens next
- We’ll listen to all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Swanson: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Candia Road are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).