Proposal status: Feedback closed 20 March 2020, last updated 12 November 2020.
Reference number: RTV-281
Proposal update 12 November 2020
We advised you in April 2020 that these works were scheduled to be constructed by October 2020. Unfortunately, construction of this project did not happen due to Auckland Council’s Freemans Bay Stormwater Network Separation project which started construction in June 2019. Construction of this project is dependent upon the completion of the Stormwater Network Separation project which is now expected to be finished around March 2021. We’ll update you again next year with more detail about the commencement of works.
We've proposed changes in your area
In March 2020 we proposed changes in your area. To improve road safety, visibility, and parking turnover for local business we proposed parking changes on the corner of Hepburn Street and Wellington Street, Freemans Bay. These changes responded to requests from a local business to address cars parked long term and the limited availability for customer parking.
The changes on the east side of Hepburn Street include:
- changing 2 P120 (2 hour) parking spaces to P30 (30 minute) parking spaces. The restriction would operate Monday - Sunday 8am to 6pm;
- painting 3 metres of broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) parking restrictions at the intersection. This aims to improve the visibility and safety of road users and people using the pedestrian crossing.
The changes on the north side of Wellington Street include:
- changing 1 P120 (2 hour) parking spaces to P30 (30 minute). The restriction would operate Monday - Sunday 8am to 6pm;
- extending the bus stop slightly further east;
- removing 1 parking space and painting 15 metres of broken yellow lines next to the bus stop, to allow buses to enter and exit the stop more safely, bringing this stop to safety standards.
We have made minor changes to the design based on community feedback. Changes include reducing the parking time limit from 30 minutes to 20 minutes and the operational timing from Monday to Sunday to Monday to Friday.
Thank you to everyone who responded to our proposal and gave us the chance to better understand your community and concerns. A summary of your feedback and our responses to community questions is below.
- Request to have the P20 parking time limit operate from Monday to Friday only as the business is not open in the weekends.
- Request to reduce the proposed 30 minutes (P30) to a 20 minutes (P20) limited time parking space.
The requests align with the opening hours of local business and other parking zones within Freemans Bay. We will make two changes to the proposal, reducing the parking time limit from 30 minutes to 20 minutes and the operating time from Monday to Sunday to Monday to Friday.