Proposal status: closed 11 February 2019
Reference number: RTV-176
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing to signalise the intersection of Jellicoe Road, Mountain Road, and Pleasant View Road, in Panmure. The changes would include:
- installation of light-controlled pedestrian crossings.
- addition of advanced stop boxes for people on bikes.
- changes to kerb lines and removal of 2 tree pits as indicated in the drawing.
- extension of broken yellow lines including parking removal.
- changes to lighting, road markings, and signage.
Why the changes are needed
The changes are expected to improve safety and traffic flow at this intersection and would accommodate for additional demand resulting from changes to the Panmure roundabout and construction of the Eastern busway.
Crossings and new advanced stop boxes would also improve access for people walking and cycling near Panmure town centre.