Proposal status: Feedback closed
Reference number: BYL-624
In May 2023, we sought feedback from the community about our proposal to paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) at the cul-de-sac of Camelot Place Glenfield. After carefully considering community feedback, we are proceeding with the following minor change to the proposal:
- Retain two parking spaces outside 37 Camelot Place
What happens next
We anticipate the works will take place by the end of September 2023.
Thank you for helping us make better decisions for your neighbourhood, informed by your local knowledge. The proposal did not receive many responses but the majority of those who provided feedback were supportive of the changes. The concerns consistently raised were about the loss of parking, we therefore decided to reduce the extent of the proposed broken yellow lines to retain two more parking spaces for the community.
We're proposing improvements in your area
In response to requests from the community to improve safety and access, we are proposing to paint broken yellow lines (no stopping at all times) at the cul-de-sac of Camelot Place, Glenfield.
We are proposing to paint broken yellow lines
- Broken yellow lines would be painted at the cul-de-sac. We understand the removal of parking can be inconvenient, so we have minimised it to 3 parking spaces while still improving access on Camelot Place for large vehicles.
This project aims to improve safety and access to Camelot Place
We want to work with you to deliver safer roads in your neighbourhood. These changes would:
- Paint broken yellow lines would prevent people from parking directly opposite each other and making people safer and easier to access to the Camelot Reserve Playground and Camelot Reserve.
- These proposed changes would help to keep the road clear and ensure there’s always access for emergency service vehicles, larger vehicles such as rubbish trucks, and residents and visitors.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
Glenfield: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Camelot Place are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).