Proposal status: Feedback open until 22 September 2022
Reference number: RTTR2022-002
We're proposing improvements in your area
On behalf of the Rodney Local Board, we are planning to construct a new footpath along the eastern side of Wech Drive. The new footpath will extend from 7 to 23 Wech Drive, up to the McKinney Road intersection.
This project will be delivered in partnership with the Rodney Local Board, as the project is funded by the Rodney Transport Targeted Rate (RTTR) Programme.
We are proposing to:
- Install a 1.8m wide footpath from the northern State Highway 1 intersection with Wech Drive to the McKinney Road intersection. This length of this planned footpath is 370m.
- Construct driveways leading to private properties. This may extend into private properties where required to ensure vehicles do not bottom out. We will work with you closely to minimise disruption during construction.
- Construct retaining walls along the footpath where required.
We would like to hear your feedback on the following potential works:
- Paint broken yellow lines along Wech Drive to ensure access to driveways are not obstructed and road width is maintained. This will remove 31 parking spaces.
How this will benefit your neighbourhood
The key priority of the RTTR programme is to expand the footpath network in and between towns and villages, to make it safer and easier for people to get around. The Wech Drive footpath extension meets the targeted rate criteria, so we have partnered with the Rodney Local Board to deliver this project.
The changes will provide safe, continuous pedestrian access along Wech Drive to the shops on Fairview Road.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive regarding the broken yellow lines and make minor changes to the plans if necessary.
- We’ll post an update to the plans if necessary and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
- We expect that the construction of the footpath and other supporting works will begin in January 2023. We may need to delay the work or make other plans if the weather is poor or the contractor changes. If that happens, we’ll update this webpage.
Warkworth: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Wech Drive are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).