Proposal status: Feedback closed 17 December 2019
Reference number: RSU-1920-103
We've proposed changes in your area
In December 2019, we proposed to improve the Cavendish Drive and Norman Spencer Drive intersection in Papatoetoe. These improvements include adding traffic lights to the intersection. This high-risk intersection has been the site of multiple car accidents due to cars turning into oncoming traffic. This proposal aims to prevent future accidents by signalling drivers when to proceed through the intersection.
Changes proposed on Cavendish Drive and Norman Spencer Drive are to:
- add traffic lights to the intersection to guide traffic and prevent cars from turning into oncoming traffic
- install new road markings and signage and extend the kerbs to allow for traffic lights at the intersection
- remove the left-turn slip lane from Norman Spencer Drive into Cavendish Drive and replace with a left-turn lane that is part of the intersection
- remark the Broken Yellow Lines where changes to the kerb are made
- paint green bicycle stop boxes at the front of the existing bicycle lanes.