Diorella Drive, Clover Park - Pedestrian Safety Improvements Diorella Drive, Clover Park - Pedestrian Safety Improvements
Proposal status: Feedback open until 8 June 2022
Reference number: MIP2021-020
We're proposing improvements in your area
We are proposing to improve pedestrian safety on Diorella Drive, Clover Park, by moving and upgrading the existing zebra crossing to a raised platform that meets current NZ standards.
We are proposing to:
- Move the existing zebra crossing on Diorella Drive away from the driveway it currently sits within and upgrade it by placing it on a raised platform
- Build out the kerbs where the crossing will be installed, so we do not need to move the trees in the area. The eastern kerb build-out will be minimal to let buses move seamlessly towards the bus stop near 45 Diorella Drive
- Install tactile pavers, which are yellow guidance paving markers that help visually impaired people find their way to the crossing
- Install pram crossings at the intersections of Diorella Drive and Almay Place and Charntay Avenue, where we will also build a pedestrian refuge. These crossings are in addition to footpath improvements outside the local shops.
- Install advance warning signs to inform drivers about the crossing
- Remove 6 parking spaces and reinstate 3 in front of 49 Diorella Drive.
Download the proposal drawing for Diorella Drive (PDF 1.3MB)
These changes aim to correct the existing poorly located crossing, which does not meet current NZ standards. The changes also aim to improve nearby pedestrian facilities.
The proposal would also help drivers reduce their speeds when approaching the crossing. We would raise the crossing to be level with the footpath, so it is comfortable for everyone, including people with prams and wheelchairs, to cross.
What happens next
- We’ll listen to all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
This proposal is supported with funding from the Auckland regional fuel tax.
Clover Park: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Diorella Drive are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).