Proposal status: open until 7 November 2018
Reference number: MIP1718-010
We're proposing changes in your area
We are proposing to upgrade the intersection of Helvetia Road and Princes Street, in Pukekohe, to a roundabout which would include:
- Construction of a central roundabout island which is mountable along the outer perimeter.
- Construction of pedestrian refuge islands on all legs, involving changes to pram crossings and installation of tactile pavers.
- Extension of broken yellow lines on Princes Street and around the intersection.
- Changes to kerbs, footpaths, road markings, signage, and lighting.
- Minor tree trimming and tree removal, as shown in the drawing.
Why the changes are needed
The proposal aims to improve safety at the intersection of Helvetia Road and Princes Street by reducing vehicle speeds, increasing driver awareness, and providing enhanced pedestrian facilities. We expect that this will address existing crash patterns and would also accommodate increased future traffic demand at this location.
If you would like to post in your feedback, download and print our feedback form template, fill in your details and send it freepost using the address details on the form.