Puhinui Road, Papatoetoe - New bus stops Puhinui Road, Papatoetoe - New bus stops
Proposal status: Feedback closed 1 June 2020
We're proposing changes in your area
Auckland Transport is proposing to install new bus stops, outside of 267 and 269 Puhinui Rd, including the following:
- Install a concrete platform outside of 267 and 269 Puhinui Road so that passengers can access the bus over the grass berm.
- Paint bus stop markings and "no stopping" broken yellow lines outside of 267, 269 and 271 Puhinui Road. And also install new bus stops outside of 276 and 278 Puhinui Rd, including the following:
- Install a concrete platform outside of 276 and 278 Puhinui Road so that passengers can access the bus over the grass berm.
- Install a bus shelter to provide protection from the weather for waiting bus passengers.
- Paint bus stop markings and "no stopping" broken yellow lines outside of 276, 278 and 280 Puhinui Road.
The road markings to stop cars parking on the street (broken yellow lines) are required in front and behind of bus stops to allow buses to safely enter and exit the stop.
The proposed changes will allow bus passengers to safely enter and exit the future bus services on Puhinui Road.
As part of the long-term Southwest Gateway Programme, a number of early improvements are planned to provide an improved public transport connection between Auckland Airport, Puhinui and Manukau. This includes a new ‘Airport Link’ bus service which will partly replace the existing 380 Airporter bus service. The Airport Link bus service will connect to Puhinui Station Interchange and requires new bus stops along Puhinui Road.
Read more information on the Southwest Gateway Programme.
The purpose of this consultation is to find out if there are any issues that could affect the proposed bus stops. We are specifically seeking feedback on:
- Any land development proposals or other issues that may affect the proposed bus stop.
- Any safety issues with the proposed bus stop.
Download the proposal drawing for Puhinui Road (PDF 632KB)
Feedback for this proposal is now closed. We will:
- Consider all relevant feedback and make a final decision on the changes.
- Respond to all feedback received.
If approved, work on implementing these changes will start mid 2020.