Rata Vine Drive, Wiri – Parking Improvement / Kerb Buildout Rata Vine Drive, Wiri – Parking Improvement / Kerb Buildout
Proposal status: Feedback open until 3 April 2023
Reference number: RSU2021-069B
We're proposing improvements in your area
In response to a request from the Rawiri Community House, we are proposing to create 2 new parking spaces outside 1 Rata Vine Drive. This will require extending the kerb out along the south corner of Rata Vine Drive.
We are proposing to:
- Paint 2 parking spaces outside 1 Rata Vine Drive.
- Extend the kerb out at the corner outside 1 Rata Vine Drive with new tactile pavers at the crossing point. These are yellow guidance paving markers to help visually impaired people find their way to the crossing and safely across roads.
Download the proposal drawing for Rata Vine Drive (PDF 342KB)
Due to recent safety improvement work, the Rawiri Community House has raised concerns about the lack of parking spaces for their visitors outside of their building. We have investigated these concerns and are proposing these improvements.
These proposed changes would improve parking availability and accessibility for visitors visiting the Rawiri Community House. Extending the kerb is necessary to ensure that people can use the proposed parking spaces safely, however it may cause intermittent queuing when drivers are waiting to turn into Great South Road during peak times. We would like to hear your thoughts.
What happens next
- We’ll listen to all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.
- This proposal is supported with funding from the Auckland regional fuel tax.
Wiri: Safe with us
Auckland Transport cares for your safety. We want to make our roads safe for everyone, people walking and cycling, especially for our kids and senior citizens and people driving. Projects like this one around Rata Vine Drive are another step towards our goal of achieving no deaths or serious injuries on our roads. We are guided by the Vision Zero approach to transport safety, which prioritises human safety over other measures (like minor time saving).