Saleyards Road, Otahuhu – P15 Parking Restriction Saleyards Road, Otahuhu – P15 Parking Restriction
Proposal status: Closed
Reference number: RTV-426
In June 2022, we proposed to introduce a 15-minute parking restriction outside 11 Saleyards Road in Ōtāhuhu. These changes are in response to requests from businesses in the area. After reviewing all the feedback, we are proceeding with the work as proposed.
What happens next
We anticipate the changes will be implemented by the end of August 2022.
Thank you for helping us make better decisions for your neighbourhood, informed by your local knowledge. All respondents were supportive of this proposal. In their feedback people expressed that they wanted short term parking options on this stretch of road, especially to visit the bakery. A summary of the additional comments and queries we received, and our responses to them, is below.
- Request to extend the parking restriction from driveway to driveway of 11 Saleyards Road
We understand that there is high parking demand in the area, and we have taken that into account in our proposal. Other road users require parking for other purposes; therefore, we aim to strike a balance for different road users. The number of time restricted parking spaces proposed is considered sufficient for short-term visitors to park, while still retaining enough unrestricted parking spaces for others.
- Request to remove all parking outside number 23 Saleyards Road
- Concern about lack of safety on Saleyards Road
The focus of this project is to provide a place for short term visitors to park. We have passed on your request and your concerns about safety to the appropriate team for further investigation.
We're proposing improvements in your area
As part of our work to keep Aucklanders moving, we are proposing changes on Saleyards Road, Otahuhu.
We are proposing to:
- Introduce 15-minute parking time restrictions outside 11 Saleyards Road, applicable 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
Download the proposal drawing for Saleyards Road (PDF 204KB)
How this will benefit your neighbourhood
In response to several requests to implement some parking restrictions on part of Saleyards Road, we are proposing a 15-minute parking time restriction. The proposed changes aim to improve parking availability for customers and short stay visitors in the area by restricting all day parking.
What happens next
- We’ll consider all the feedback we receive, and then decide the best way to move forward.
- We’ll post the outcome of this proposal and a summary of community feedback on this webpage.
- We can email you the proposal outcome as soon as it’s ready – just select that option when you fill in the survey.