Auckland Transport (AT) is in the planning stages for a new rail franchise to operate the Auckland metropolitan rail services which will be tendered in early 2020 and will come into effect in 2021.
Continuing our consultation with industry that was initiated in early 2019, we are now re-engaging with the rail operating market to present and seek feedback on AT's preferred operating model and the commercial framework that will underpin the future rail operating franchise for Auckland.
Our next phase of consultation is being undertaken as a Request for Information (RFI). For this purpose, we have prepared a two part consultation document:
- Part One provides information about AT and the Auckland rail environment. Part One is an updated version of the rail franchise consultation document released by AT in May 2019.
Part One - Get on board with Auckland Transport Rail Franchise Procurement (PDF 4.7MB, 47 pages).
- Part Two describes AT's preferred operating model, the commercial framework and high level terms that will underpin the future rail operating franchise. Part Two includes questions for which AT is seeking information and feedback. Part Two will be released to qualifying participants through AT's electronic data room.
To participate in the RFI, interested parties should complete the RFI registration application available below:
Completed applications, including signed declarations, are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following the RFI process, we are planning to release an Expression of Interest in late January 2020 and a Request for Proposal to shortlisted respondents in May 2020.
- Auckland city - population 1.7 million.
- Metropolitan rail network – 94.3 route kilometres; 195km of track.
- 42 stations.
- 57 three-car EMUs, with 15 more on order.
- 20 million passengers per annum and growing at 9% pa.