Auckland Council and NZ Transport Agency are the primary sources of funding for Auckland Transport, with additional funding received from other sources including user charges and fees, subsidies and vested assets.
Where our funding comes from
- 35% Auckland Council funding for capital projects,
- 12% Capital investment from NZ Transport Agency,
- 20% Operational funding from Auckland Council,
- 19% Operational co-investment from NZ Transport Agency,
- 6% Parking and enforcement,
- 6% Public transport income,
- 2% Other revenue.