Find out about mooring inspections or check out a list of mooring service providers.
All moorings must be maintained in a safe and efficient condition, as a guide here are three easy steps to help.
Step 1: Reminder inspection is due
- You will be reminded six months before your mooring is due for its two or three yearly mooring inspection.
- This allows enough time to book with a mooring service provider so that it is inspected before the due date.
Step 2: Book your inspection in plenty of time
- See the list of mooring service providers and make sure you book your inspection when requested, to minimise delays.
- Mooring contractors have a lot of moorings to inspect. They also have to work around weather and tidal conditions.
Step 3: Complete the inspection
- When inspected, if the condition of the mooring is acceptable, a mooring inspection certificate will be issued (much like a vehicle warrant of fitness).
Did you know?
The most common cause of mooring failure is lack of maintenance. Please check your mooring regularly.
Abel Marine Services Ltd (all areas)
- Contact: Jeremy Wall
- Mobile: 021 188 2216
- Email: email@example.com
Hauraki Marine Services
- Contact: Laurence Wall
- Mobile: 027 492 6041
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://hauraki-marine-services.business.site/
Mermaid Marine Moorings Ltd (Waiheke Island only)
- Contact: Glen Collins
- Phone: 09 372 2464
- Mobile: 027 233 6693
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.mermaidmarinemoorings.co.nz
Rodney Mooring Services (Rodney area only)
- Contact: Tony and Linda Lewin
- Mobile: 027 459 0006 or 027 242 3512
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tidal Engineering Services (Auckland & Waiheke Island only)
- Contact: Stuart Cole
- Mobile: 021 579 250 or 09 833 4587
- Email: email@example.com