Mooring inspections & service providers Mooring inspections & service providers
Find out about mooring inspections or check out a list of mooring service providers.
All moorings must be lifted and maintained in a safe and efficient condition by an approved mooring contractor on a 2 or 3 year cycle, as a guide here are three easy steps to help. Failure to have your mooring inspected may result in a bylaw fine and cancellation of the site.
Step 1: Reminder inspection is due
- You will be reminded six months before your mooring is due for its two or three yearly mooring inspection.
- This allows enough time to book with a mooring service provider so that it is inspected before the due date.
Step 2: Book your inspection in plenty of time
- See the list of mooring service providers and make sure you book your inspection when requested, to minimise delays.
- Mooring contractors have a lot of moorings to inspect. They also have to work around weather and tidal conditions.
Step 3: Complete the inspection
- When inspected, if the condition of the mooring is acceptable, a mooring inspection certificate will be issued (much like a vehicle warrant of fitness).
Did you know?
The most common cause of mooring failure is lack of maintenance. Please check your mooring regularly.
Find out more information about mooring licence rules and responsibilities.
Mooring service providers
Abel Marine Services Ltd (all areas)
- Contact: Jeremy Wall
- Mobile: 021 188 2216
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: abelmoorings.nz
Hauraki Marine Services
- Contact: Laurence Wall
- Mobile: 027 492 6041
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: http://hauraki-marine-services.business.site/
Mermaid Marine Moorings Ltd (Waiheke Island only)
- Contact: Glen Collins
- Phone: 09 372 2464
- Mobile: 027 233 6693
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.mermaidmarinemoorings.co.nz
Rodney Mooring Services (Rodney area only)
- Contact: Tony and Linda Lewin
- Mobile: 027 459 0006 or 027 242 3512
- Email: email@example.com
Sealift Moorings NZ (all areas)
- Contact: Dave Searle
- Mobile: 021 544 301
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
VC Marine Services (Great Barrier Island only)
- Contact: Peter Ganley
- Mobile: 027 422 7724
- Email: email@example.com